Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SARS..Genetic Code broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SARS primarily kills the elderly and those with depressed immune systems. If you are a healthy individual and happen to contract SARS its not a death sentence.

Now if they can only find something for West Nile.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoobar
SARS primarily kills the elderly and those with depressed immune systems. If you are a healthy individual and happen to contract SARS its not a death sentence.

I take anti-rejection meds (I catch weird bugs easily..like the Izopod bug.. hard to get rid of :D)

It is still very important Zoo that they get this under control, it's not that it may not e a death sentence for 1/2 the population but that it can be a death sentnace for the other half !

yeah, I understand what you are saying..just dont want to play the significance of the fast break through on this..

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The latest development in Hong Kong is VERY worrying where 4 of the 5 deaths just yesterday are in their 30-40s with NO long-term illness! Scary! And I live a few blocks away from York Central, one of the 2 hospitals closed!! You are lucky to be in the west end, Zoobar! ;)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zoobar

Actually Zoo after doing a bit more looking around ,it loks like that isnt exactly true.. SARS is killing perfectly healthy people..

This is the latest from here...

"Hong Kong reported seven new SARS deaths, its biggest one-day total yet in the crisis, for a total of 47. Many of the fatalities have been elderly people or patients suffering from other chronic health problems, although six people whose deaths were reported over the weekend ranged in age from 35 to 52 and had no prior health problems."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23118-2003Apr14.html

Zoo and Nameslave you both are near this ? ANy english links from the east on this you can share?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
The latest development in Hong Kong is VERY worrying where 4 of the 5 deaths just yesterday are in their 30-40s with NO long-term illness! Scary! And I live a few blocks away from York Central, one of the 2 hospitals closed!! You are lucky to be in the west end, Zoobar! ;)

anxiety will take it's toll faster than anything..just prepare well, Do the best you can to stay out of crowds, I would do simple things like grocery shopping early or late when it isnt as busy.
I suppose all forms of the "entertainment" business is suffering? sports, shopping centers etc?

Unregistered

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

I suppose all forms of the "entertainment" business is suffering? sports, shopping centers etc?

True. many restaurants shut down coz people avoid dine out.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone considered the possibility that this was genetically modified virus? (ie: bioweapon).

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the scientists who studied its genome considered it was virtually impossible that it was a bioweapon. I dont understand the scientific details, but basically its entire genome was so radically different than anything else, that is not within our abilities as a species to create such things yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom