Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Saturday Musings – Why Cats Have It Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140301_pepper.png

For the last twelve years or so we’ve had the pleasure of a cat named Pepper call our house home. For those of you, like me, are owned by your cat, you will understand that previous statement. No one owns a cat, they own you.

So I was looking across at our feline landlord the other day as she lay on the ground enjoying the sunshine and I had an epiphany. Pepper, had worked life out completely. Sleep during the day, prowl at night and get upset at the human underlings that don’t feed you on a regular basis. How cool a lifestyle is that!

After gazing at her for a few minutes as she purred away Pepper looked up at me and cocked an eyebrow in my direction. I immediately jumped up and got her a bowl of milk and I graciously received a bit of a rub from her as she sidled past to the bowl. I like to think that she was thanking me for my efforts but in reality Pepper was probably just leaving her scent on my leg to reinforce the fact that she was actually in charge.

Pepper noisily lapped up the milk and then resettled down to her customary Queen of Sheba position with her head nestled on her front paws and eyes closed. What a life! It’s like a perpetual holiday with a bartender that brings you milk whenever you so much as twitch.

So today is Saturday and I think that it’s high time that I behaved as Pepper and catch up on some sleep as I contemplate absolutely nothing. All I’ve got to do now is learn how to cock my eyebrow at my wife and see if she runs off to get me a drink. Fat chance LOL!

If you ever find yourself stressed out, running on empty or exhausted just think, “What would Pepper do?”

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators