Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - My Dad

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140705_dad.jpg

This week I found out that my father had to have a triple heart bypass. For the last five weeks he was having some chest pain and thought that it was indigestion. Of course he kept this all to himself until last weekend when the rest of the family immediately had him booked into seeing his doctor…..typical male! He’s been in hospital the whole week and on Monday goes into surgery.

As I sat on a chair beside his bed in the hospital I had some great quality time with just him the other night. It was just a father and a son talking about the years and enjoying each other’s company.

True to his word I just found out that he’s just finished editing my first science fiction novel as he sat up in bed in hospital. He even told me that he really enjoyed it! I couldn’t wish for a better Dad.

While he’s about to go prepare himself emotionally for the operation all he could think about was Mum and the rest of the family. I told him that no matter what that she would be looked after and that I’d be there for her. I watched his face as he visibly relaxed and smiled his thanks.

He has an incredible faith. He said to me that if things don’t go well then he’ll see me in the next life. We both prayed and believed that it would be a positive outcome though. He was very calm during this conversation and a real inspiration to me. I hope and pray that I will be like him if I ever find myself in similar circumstances.

What this whole week has really taught me is that to never take loved ones for granted. We’re all getting older and although earning a dollar is important it’s not the most important thing in life. My advice, take some time out and give a loved one a hug, take them on a picnic, do something special just for them.

Right now, I’m off to the hospital to visit the bravest and most amazing man I’ve ever known.

Read More

Continue reading...

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators