Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - Traveling With My Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140525_flying.jpg

Why is it that despite the fact we live in an incredibly connected world that when we leave to go on a business trip or holiday (I wish) that everything rushes at the end? Like playing a game of Twister with a bunch of slightly intoxicated friends there seems to be a million loose ends that need to be tied off.....and it often feels like everything is about to fall in a heap

So here I am getting ready for the trip to Las Vegas and the TRAFFIC domain conference. I think that this is about my 24th TRAFFIC (something like that anyway) so you’d think that I’d be in a groove by now. Laptop, check. Cables and stuff, check. Shirts, check. You get the idea. Getting ready to leave is all about going through a big list and making sure that everything has a tick next to them. This time the groove seems to be a little different….

So I’m getting to the bottom of my list when it suddenly hits me. Wife, pause. Unlike all my other trips to the USA and domain name conferences this item is new and seems to disrupt my space time continuum. You see all the other items on my list are things that I can completely control but “wife”….well, that’s another matter.

For example, my laptop really isn’t that excited about going on a long-haul flight across the Pacific. It doesn’t say things like, “I can’t wait to get going!” or “Have you booked everything correctly?” It just slides into my bag along with everything else and does what it’s told.

When I get on a plane for 15 hours or so it's pretty simple. I put my noise cancelling headphones on, assume the fetal position and pray that the little plane on the map moves faster this time. Seriously, the map and plane are the best movies available on any flight.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators