Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

saw kicks.com on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see they pumped up overture stats..the name only gets 10,000 searchs a month but add the.com and it gets over 2,000 on oveture ! :laugh: not in a million years..

I agree it is a cool name.. but it still has to be branded ..probably gets 10-15 type-ins a months ...just from kids and and webmasters for "kicks: just to see whats their...

that dosent make it worth 6,000in my book.

Maybe 1K .. the "cuteness" value is actually much higher though...and I agree with you JH..would make an awesome shoe company... and for that reason .. 6K seems very reasonable....too the right people of course...

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cliche i know but a domain is only worth what someone will pay for it and i do think that this name could warrant and expensive sale

a sports company could brand this site very easily :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner I see they pumped up overture stats..the name only gets 10,000 searchs a month but add the.com and it gets over 2,000 on oveture ! :laugh: not in a million years..I agree it is a cool name.. but it still has to be branded ..probably gets 10-15 type-ins a months ...just from kids and and webmasters for "kicks: just to see whats their...that dosent make it worth 6,000in my book. Maybe 1K .. the "cuteness" value is actually much higher though...and I agree with you JH..would make an awesome shoe company... and for that reason .. 6K seems very reasonable....too the right people of course...

Agree, it's extremely unlikely, if not impossible, for 20% of the Suggestion Tool returns on any name to be present using the full domain with the dot-com included. There must be an explanation for this happening with kicks.com.

The normal ratio of full name and ext vs name only is very small. Most all names have zero overture returns using the extension, even many good names and active traffic sites have zero returns with the extension.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
awesome name well know slang term for sneakers $6,000 to low!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner I see they pumped up overture stats..the name only gets 10,000 searchs a month but add the.com and it gets over 2,000 on Oveture ! :laugh: not in a million years..

I agree, it is very suspect!

But how in the world do you guys think that can be done anyway? I don't see how but I am sure there must be ways.

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay over $500.

Kicks as in karate? Kicks as in shoes? Kicks as in thrills? In my opinion, it isn't specific enough to shoes to warrant too much interest.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I agree, it is very suspect!

But how in the world do you guys think that can be done anyway? I don't see how but I am sure there must be ways.

realnames: the overture stats update every month. so if you are selling a domain next month you could sit there and type your domains into overture search. i don't know really...

i guess its possible there could have been a site there at some point as well or people are trying to reach another site with a similar name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom