Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Say goodbye to the Internet, thanks to SEX.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Verisign warns that losing the $100 Million sex.com lawsuit against them "would cripple the Internet and jeopardize the national economic benefit for e-commerce".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/29152.html

Also note that they are hinting at raising the prices of domain registration. NSI explains, "the cost of [registering domain names], currently ranging from $7 to $25 annually, would become unacceptably high".

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
God forbid that the people that are paid to effect the transfer of an individual's property are sued because they knowingly fail to do so. If this became the case, the NSI explains, "the cost of [registering domain names], currently ranging from $7 to $25 annually, would become unacceptably high".

Hmmm... who was it that charges $35/yr for domains. I can't seem to remember....

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nonsense.. $100 million is nothing more than a small cap company ..

amusing and an insult to the Judges intellect..I'm sure he'll spank them even harder now !:D

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the judge rules that they are responsible for their own actions then the Internet will die? Brilliant defense.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course, its just an excuse to raise the wholesale price of a domain name up from $6, but Verisign has the pull to be able to petition for this and do it.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very true, lots.

Would you agree that even a $3 increase on wholesale pricing could impact the domain industry?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's called Bankruptcy and reorganizatioin.. Companies do it evey day....They are insulting the Judge's intellegience with this end of the internet story..

It's implying the Judge is an idiot..I wonder if he could hold them in contempt for that :laugh:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
Very true, lots.

Would you agree that even a $3 increase on wholesale pricing could impact the domain industry?

Exactly - and it could have a significant impact. $3 may not sound like much - but that would be a 50% price increase over the current whosale price that most registrars pay. 50% is unheard of in most industries.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But! you are arguing about wholesale price. Look on the bright side though. NSI/VeriSign is doing a setup *I think*.

1) WLS Implements
2) .com prices rise
3) WLS costs go up because .com prices go high.
4) VeriSign knows people will use WLS whether the price is $6 or $60 or $600..and VeriSign knows that there will be no competition therefore if the domain prices are higher people will think that ok $25 for domain and $125 for WLS thats total of $150 hey good deal naw?

*please note the prices are just assumed..or more like used as an example*

But what VeriSign is actually doing is monopolizing exactly like Microsoft did. And quite honestly the way I see it is that no organization or company that makes this decision for WLS or $25/domain will have anything against it because VeriSign doesn't mind paying out of the pocket to keep their mouths shut. Good example of this is Microsoft got sued by California and ended up paying each person about $75 and guess microsoft lost the case but they actually won why because if a state like california can end up getting $75/person how many other states are going to file a lawsuit and how many other individuals are gonig to get paid? get the idea/picture? My friends the time has come where all big businesses will gladly take over their fields and they don't care about others (businesses and individuals)

thats all

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lotsoffissues: thats not true because all Kevin knew was to call people and use the phone scam technique get their passwords/information and live a happy life thats about it..real brainers are still out there who can still do what they like..

DotDuDe

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
puuh.. then some another company should take over .com/net operations. let the NSI empire bancrupt.

deist

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The real danger to the Internet is the standard of behavior and service that Verisign has set, making domain names an uncertain commodity. The only thing this company could ever understand is force.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Better sell all your .COM cheap before they all gone for nothing. :D

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Say goodbye to the Internet, thanks to SEX.COM
++++++++++++++++

That's alot of BS. That's just scare tactics from NetSol/ VeriSign.

If NetSol/ VeriSign gets slapped with a huge judgment, it couldn't to a nicer company..

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Geez, what a load. If "THE INTERNET" can't withstand the cost of one high profile court case I think we're all in trouble.

M

mole

Originally posted by BGray
Geez, what a load. If "THE INTERNET" can't withstand the cost of one high profile court case I think we're all in trouble.

Agree, editorial dramatisation should be valued for what's it's worth -- zip in most cases.

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Goodbye net.

In the meantime my checks still keep pouring in. Im cool with it.

Cant wait til they say Hello net.

oohdale

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-
Verisign warns that losing the $100 Million sex.com lawsuit against them "would cripple the Internet and jeopardize the national economic benefit for e-commerce".
FOO on them - I predicted a year ago or more on Afternic that Netsol would go broke. And it's about time too, for all they did to me on my domains. I just wish they would hurry up about it, cause I am sick of hearing about them losers. LONG LIVE THE INTERNET - and godaddy.com Ha1 Ha2 Ha3..... They are getting theirs and they are mad about it. www.FooWebsites.com I will sell them for their new name for $200,000 dollars if they still have enough money left after paying their mis-informed Lawyers. :laugh: I could talk all day on this subject. :laugh:$200,000 Hey NetSol want this one? :laugh: Tomorrow the price goes up, so Verisign had better buy it today!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom