Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SBI Card and Paypal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently i tried to add my SBI Gold Credit Card at Paypal, but its giving me error something like " This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card." The details are OK as i am using this card since past few months.

Its a Visa Card and according to SBI, an International one. ;-) . More can be found at http://www.sbicard.com/sbi/creditcards.jsp?CID=1&Lid=1&Ctype=CC. I called up their helpdesk but none are there aware of the paypal ..

Any one please shed some light on this issue and any one using this card on paypal..

:)

Domain Days 2024

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
paypal is really strict as too which credit cards are ok to use and wich ones are not. They might have blacklisted all cc from India. I know they restrict cc in most of Africa and Asia.

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, thanks for your input. But the fact is my partner is also from India and using his ICICI bank card in paypal without any problem.

So is it an issue with SBI Cards only ?

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My HDFC CC works fine. so does ABN Ambro and Citibank one..

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hey scorpio , any idea on SBI Gold Card.. I called their customer care and no one is there aware of this paypal thing. Its weired.... and few important things are getting delayed due to this...

:-(

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SBI Gold Card wont work well for foreign $ transactions .. unless u r using the card on travel in that country physically......

get a HDFC or ICICI card.. if u have SBI gold they will give u any hdfc icici card free or abn ambro which comes in 4 -5 days only..

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey scorpio,

thanks for the info. Can you please suggest, which one should i go for among them and please also mention , in which having a sbi gold card will give me advantage to have that card more easily.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Icici is free for life , as in no annual charges.+ 5% cash back..
HDFC works just fine with paypal. they even call to verify about any big tranasctions u do , which gives u a safety belt.
AbnAmbro is approved fast..

Your credit limit will be more then your SBI gold card.... if you have been using the card for 3 months now..

Just tell them other company is giving u free and no annual charges and they will make it free for u too..

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:: Update ::

At last it got added after i emailed both paypal and SBI . It was some security issues with SBI using cards on services like paypal.

Thanks all for extending their information here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom