Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scam Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from a blocked number. Caller claims to be from "Domain Support Group", which she said "is responsible for handling all domains on the internet, and answers all questions. There are urgent changes on the internet you should be aware of and you should call them right now." Kept insisting that I call some 800 number that she gave me. Insisted on "verifying" my address and fax number.

After the spiel, I demanded to know where she got my number from (obviously WHOIS). I read her the riot act, told her the was participating in a scam as well as violating the law by making a telemarketing call to a number on the 'do not call' registry. I also reminded that she lied when she stated she that I was a customer of the company; I am not. She broke down, apologized, said she was new and hated her job, and that she is on the do not call list herself.

I'm guessing they are running a transfer slam/scam or something similar.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Just got a call from a blocked number. Caller claims to be from "Domain Support Group", which she said "is responsible for handling all domains on the internet, and answers all questions. There are urgent changes on the internet you should be aware of and you should call them right now." Kept insisting that I call some 800 number that she gave me. Insisted on "verifying" my address and fax number.

After the spiel, I demanded to know where she got my number from (obviously WHOIS). I read her the riot act, told her the was participating in a scam as well as violating the law by making a telemarketing call to a number on the 'do not call' registry. I also reminded that she lied when she stated she that I was a customer of the company; I am not. She broke down, apologized, said she was new and hated her job, and that she is on the do not call list herself.

I'm guessing they are running a transfer slam/scam or something similar.

I can't believe these people can't get their act straight and make money
the honest way. Grrrr! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom