Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scammed by Seller - dispute escrow fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knocks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a domain auction on Flippa and agreed to split the fees with the seller. The seller is based in India and still hasn't delivered after more than a week. At first he played dumb over IM and then stopped answering IMs or logging in. Escrow insists that I am responsible for the ENTIRE fee if I cancel the transaction. I am not canceling the transaction, however. I want the transaction to go through, but I obviously want the stuff that I paid for.

Can I call the credit card company and dispute the entire transaction? Escrow.com claims that they held my money securely during the transaction, but I call BS. Any credit card transaction would have been just as secur, and automatic protection against fraud is built into most, if not all credit cards. Besides, it seems sketchy that Escrow.com is trying to trick me into "cancelling" the transaction so I become bound by the clause that if the buyer cancels, he pays the fees. Thoughts?

nguyenjustin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If i were you. I would give it a couple of days and file dispute with escrow and say that the seller never delivers. And if the seller still don't deliver , i would call your credit card company and say that the transaction is bad, and you didn't get what you bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom