Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scammed for $600 by Mark Hall, username Validweb and owner of GAY.US, 247.US etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoWhere

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Back in July I was contacted by PM here at DNF by Mark Hall, username Validweb stating he wants to buy some LLL.US domains.

After PM and email exchanges, we've agreed on a price of $600 for 32 LLL.US domains.

When I've asked for payment first, he suggested that I transfer the domains first. Instead of this triggering an alarm in my head, I've considered him a reputable domainer as he owns domains like GAY.US, 247.US, 365.US and others and decided to trust him.

After I've transfered the domains to him, most at GoDaddy and just a few at Moniker, he started making up excuses for delaying the payment. Excuses like he is travelling and doesn't have internet access, having a problem with his paypal account and again travelling. After I've told him to choose between paying with a credit card or western union he agreed to western union and then failed to respond to any of my email messages.

Apparently he is now letting the domains expire. :upset:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That sucks, a good reminder to always get the payment first, or use escrow.

At least you can post about it here and get it in the open. $600 isn't a huge amount of money to come up with.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I've asked for payment first, he suggested that I transfer the domains first. Instead of this triggering an alarm in my head, I've considered him a reputable domainer as he owns domains like GAY.US, 247.US, 365.US and others and decided to trust him.

lol

you've got to be kidding me!

sorry, don't mean to rub it in, as we've all probably been duped at least once.

but to send someone domains before getting payment...

is ignoring the #1 RULE!!!

ALWAYS get payment first before transfering domains

also, i don't think one should ever equate, what domains a person owns, with how moral, ethical, professional or how honest they may be.

just because their house is clean on the outside, does not mean that it's clean inside.

sure, i trust you, but give me my money first! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom