Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scammer pretending to be me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Warning! There is a scammer going around applying to domain parking programs using my identity. Seems like it's been going on for a few months now, although I only found out about it today.

He is supplying a list of many of my .co.uk generics to support his application.

He gives his email as ehayv[email protected] and states he is from Japan and that his native language isn't English.

That's certainly true as he is actually from China according to the phone number he's been supplying in his fraudulent applications.

He also gives his DNForum username as "simajianlin" and his company name as "Roar Productions Ltd" on applications.

If you run an affiliate or domain parking program, please could you check to see whether you have this scammer signed up.

No idea why he picked somebody who's been visible and active in the domain industry for 13 years (pretty easy to refute the "native language' part, right?) to try and "borrow" as an identity but there we go. Unfortunately since he's based out of China the legal route isn't an option, so the best I can do is spread this warning widely.

I'd be happy to answer any concerns privately about this. But hopefully the above is enough for you to work from...

Thanks for your help.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't list your full name in your profile. I got burned badly in exactly the same fashion.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you can get it off the Whois instantly anyway.

At least this way, I can stake a claim to be "me"!

Looks like he's also using edwinhayv[email protected]

I'm still finding info out, posting as I get it.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please PM if I can do anything to help,

-=DCG=-

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam maybe you should have a look at user simajianlin
Also look up simajianlin in google
I wonder if he owns webhostingserving.com :yes:

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're definitely the same person. WebHostingServing.com is one of his, as is Review6.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom