Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Screwed over by Sedo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with Sedo up until now; but personally I will never use Sedo for domain parking again. Period.

A few months back (late July) I got a phone call from my Sedo account manager (who has since left Sedo) asking me to move all my domains back to Sedo to test them out again & try & optimize them better..... I was hesitant because I didn't want to lose any money because Sedo rarely peformed well for me in the past; so then my rep told me that Sedo would reimburse me for any losses I incurred - so I had nothing to lose. Fine I thought; so I moved all my domains over to Sedo (which was about July 27th).

Now once my August payment was due me & my account rep went over the details & as promised he got my reimbursement payment sorted out for the end of July & August.

Now, that was all good & well; however I recently just got around to sorting out the numbers for September & I again should be due a reimbursement payment for the month of September - however Sedo are refusing to give me any reimbursement payment for September (I moved my domains away mid October to try out IMonetize so thank god for that)..... they keep stating that since my account made more overall they don't owe me anything. My account rep never stated this as a condition when offering me the reimbursement deal, but Sedo keep using it as their excuse.

Please tell me why I would keep underpeforming domains at Sedo during September if I wasn't going to be reimbursed for the amounts I was losing by not moving them back to where they were doing best!? Why wouldn't I just keep the better peforming domains at Sedo?

I remember some time back Sedo paid me twice for one period of parking revenue.... (low $xxx) I emailed them about this to be honest & forwarded the money back to them...... something similar happened with ND where they overpayed me by a low $xxx amount & I again emailed them about this & they told me that I could keep it as a xmas bonus. While Sedo did nothing wrong in this instance, it just goes to show the differences in the companies.

Bottom line - be wary when dealing with Sedo.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where were your domains performing better?
I have 400-500 at sedo but some perform horribly and I am thinking of moving the bad performers.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All I can hear the last 6 months is negative feedback on SEDO, wether it's about the ever decreasing PPC performance, or sales negotiation system, or customer support....

Why do people keep using their services? There are so many outstanding parking sites out there(that actually pay for multiple clicks as well)..

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cant say that they are horrible in my case.
Some of my names earn very well however I ahve some that get decent traffic and I my earnings are like $.05 per click.

I have names at trafficz and Domainsponsor and have moved some from sedo and then back to sedo due to sedo performing better.

But if you read the forums for all of the parking co's here at DNF all have people complaining about revenue. It's the nature of the beast.

The best way to park is to set up your own sites. At least that has been my experience. The problem is you need to keep the domains somewhere while you are setting up the site. That's what parking programs are for.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to get off the topic. Which other parking programs can you recommend. In my case, I park over a thousand names with sedo pro and they do seem to pay better than other PPC programs I have tried in the past.

As for customer service, my account manager is quite helpful and from time to time, I got calls from him regarding how my portfolio is doing and introducing new features.

But regardless, I am still looking for a PPC program pays better.

Thanks.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
for US traffic parked.com seems to be converting well...give them a try

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where were your domains performing better?
I have 400-500 at sedo but some perform horribly and I am thinking of moving the bad performers.

At the time it was trafficZ & namedrive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom