Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Script to check small list of variants for availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello-

Are there any scripts out there that will check for availability of names, and check for availability of similiar names - similiar based on an algorithm preset when the script is setup?

As an example, let's say I specialize hosting for people with stores. Someone comes to my site to check the availability of furniture.com.

The ideal script would be one that would check availability of furniture.com/net/org/us/info/biz and then present variants like:

the <furniture>.com/net/org/us/info/biz
the <furniture> store.com/net/org/us/info/biz
<furniture> store.com/net/org/us/info/biz
etc, etc, etc.

Cheaper is better, but I don't mind paying for functionality. Having it compatible with Paypal, 2checkout, enom would be super.

Any suggestions?
-WC-

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a suggestion? I was hoping there would be a canned solution out there already, but if not, I suppose I could find someone to write it.

-Wc-

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think he meant something like an intelligent script, like the one Register.com uses

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

Whois-Search: Thanks for the link. That program looks nice, something I would want to use for myself - and not bad for $30. I was thinking more something that would be a script that I could install on my server for potential customers' use.

Wilco: same thing. www.whois.sc is awesome for my use, but looking for something that customers could interface with on my webpage.

Just to reiterate, I am looking for a script that I would install on my server and when potential customers come by to buy a domain, they input what field of sales or type of store they have. The script would then do an availability check for about 10 variants of that name. The script would check for the same variants each and every time. So, I used the example furniture before, but had someone said 'CAR', it would have done the same availability checks for:

the <car>.com/net/org/us/info/biz
the <car> store.com/net/org/us/info/biz
<car> store.com/net/org/us/info/biz
etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the input so far, but I did make that original post real confusing. :) I'll admit it.

-WC-

atlach

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
interest me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom