Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Se Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are there any tips and tricks you can share in the battle to gain higher gound in the search engines?
Which ones are worth the fight?
What do you think about google ad words?
Their prices reminds me of DK's statement about the brains required to spend $100 to make $85.....
thanks

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
#1 don't spam and "optimize" your sites too much
#2 use simple pages and eliminate what's unnecessary
#3 provide quality content
#4 keep updating
#5 do more reading elsewhere

not sure about google ad words

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
#6 cross your fingers and join the club

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, Omni, but what do you mean by spamming? Submitting site to Google repeatedly? Repeatedly clicking one's own site on Google? Something else? Thanks.

I am not an expert on this, but I once put random links to three of my other sites on each of my sites. Is that what is called a web ring? With many, many sites the links were seldom mutual (ie. direct cross). I believe that these links increased Google placement for my sites. Later, I decided that I did not like doing this for a couple reasons and dropped the links -- and it seemed like some of the sites dropped in Google placement. For those of you with more SE experience, do you think that those links made a difference in Google placement or was my perception based on coicidence?

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
Pardon my ignorance, Omni, but what do you mean by spamming? Submitting site to Google repeatedly? Repeatedly clicking one's own site on Google? Something else? Thanks.

I think he means don't " SPAM" keywords in your website, some people like to do spam keywords in their contents repeatedly, such as domain ,domain, domain, domain ,register, register,register, sale, sale sale.....etc:D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keyword density

http://www.keyworddensity.com/

inbound link s for google

stay SPECIFIC on your product/service/info dont drift off trying to ba a one stop site on everything on the internet..as narrow as you can get..

Pay? geez I hate that word....you can have excellent results on google fairly easy in less competitive areas..if it's extremely compet..yep you may want to try adwords..

Google has been and continues to be the best se out there and is gaining even greater share of the search market..concentrate on them first......IMO

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think these would affect your site ranking - don't think they do anything at all. Spamming may not have been the best word but I meant to say what yesonline just explained.. pardon me for that.

And yes the links can make a difference - and be careful where they are coming from as well (look for quality links and avoid link farms)

W

WilliamC

Originally posted by DomeBase

I am not an expert on this, but I once put random links to three of my other sites on each of my sites. Is that what is called a web ring? With many, many sites the links were seldom mutual (ie. direct cross). I believe that these links increased Google placement for my sites. Later, I decided that I did not like doing this for a couple reasons and dropped the links -- and it seemed like some of the sites dropped in Google placement. For those of you with more SE experience, do you think that those links made a difference in Google placement or was my perception based on coicidence?

The links definately helped. Link Popularity is one of the largest factors in placement nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom