Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Search-box lander suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've instantly used the new custom landing pages offered by NameDrive. I have some-search portal typos and of course i used the search-box for this domains. But i was wondering if it's suitable to show the domain in bold, giant text: i think it makes so clear that the url typed is wrong and this could affect the CTR a lot. To make things simpler, let's imagine you had the wonderful (and dangerous) gogle.com. Do we really need to make so clear that you landed in the wrong domain, can't we just show the search box with a random picture and leave the url on top-right, in size 12 and not 40?

What other domainers think about this?

Thanks in advance.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks searchsix :)
any other supporting my cause??

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what is the domain? I would like to see what you are talking about.
I may even type in a phrase and search, but don't tell anyone. I wouldn't want to be accused of being a scammer or a click bank.

jivan

DS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domaister said:
I've instantly used the new custom landing pages offered by NameDrive. I have some-search portal typos and of course i used the search-box for this domains. But i was wondering if it's suitable to show the domain in bold, giant text: i think it makes so clear that the url typed is wrong and this could affect the CTR a lot. To make things simpler, let's imagine you had the wonderful (and dangerous) gogle.com. Do we really need to make so clear that you landed in the wrong domain, can't we just show the search box with a random picture and leave the url on top-right, in size 12 and not 40?

What other domainers think about this?

Thanks in advance.

I agree, I've suggested some days ago for the same reason to let the user to change the title of the domain.
I've noticed that CTR is higher if the TYPO domain name is similar to the original one from a "visual" point of view.

Example domain:

http://euityloan.com/

on the top left:

Equity Loan instead of euityloan.com (GoldKey give this option)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom