Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Search popularity and selling domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnatolia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Two questions.

One, what is the process for selling a domain over this forum?

Say I have a domaind and I want the bidding to start at $200. Do I simply give the domain name, registrar, small description and starting bid?

Then lets say the bidding ends at $400. I agree to sell. How do I receive the money, and how do I transfer the domain? Isn't there a risk of getting ripped off?

Second, I'm using a tool that gives me a search popularity value for domains. What exactly does this mean? I'm looking at domains that have around 200 for this value.

A couple are direct-x.ws, circuit-city.ws and download-free-music.ws. Does this mean they will bring in some good money?

Thanks
Jason

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to find domains with a search popularity in the thousands, tens of thousands or preferrably hundreds of thousands, then go for an unhyphenated .com domain. Make sure it's not a trademark (like "circuit city", which is obviously a trademark infringement) since otherwise you risk getting pursued legally by the trademark holder.

.ws is basically worthless unless it's some super-duper-incredible domain like poker.ws or hotel.ws

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Two questions.

One, what is the process for selling a domain over this forum?

Say I have a domaind and I want the bidding to start at $200. Do I simply give the domain name, registrar, small description and starting bid?

Then lets say the bidding ends at $400. I agree to sell. How do I receive the money, and how do I transfer the domain? Isn't there a risk of getting ripped off?

Second, I'm using a tool that gives me a search popularity value for domains. What exactly does this mean? I'm looking at domains that have around 200 for this value.

A couple are direct-x.ws, circuit-city.ws and download-free-music.ws. Does this mean they will bring in some good money?

Thanks
Jason

In the regular sales forum you post in the title the name for sale.

In the thread you post:

1. The domain registrar,
2. Minimal offer accepted,
3. Relevant info, like description, overture ratings, links, Google, etc.
4. Buy It Now if you wish to add,
5. How long bidding will take
6. Payment procedure

Payments are usually done here through paypal for lower cost domains, higher ones people use escrow services.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom