Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

searching whois info

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeavyDora

I am looking for domains that are registered by a specific individual. Is there a (free) site that allows me to search whois info by registrant, for example? I can remember doing that a long while back on Network Solutions, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks.

mmkrulz

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyDora said:
I am looking for domains that are registered by a specific individual. Is there a (free) site that allows me to search whois info by registrant, for example? I can remember doing that a long while back on Network Solutions, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Thanks.
that be cool feature, ill try to find something like that, i m working on a whois lookup site, maybe this function can make my site a little more unique than the rest, will research. :)

H

HeavyDora

Well, Network Solutions still allows you to search for domains by NIC handle, but I have no way to find the handles for someone I am looking for. I guess I need a NIC whois lookup.

As another feature, I'd love to see the history of a domain, from registration through the various owners. Maybe even a corresponding link to the wayback machine that would allow you to see a webiste as it was developed, and by those same different past owners, instead of having to go from one site to another site to find that information the long way.

And is it possible to see what domains a person has ever owned? Similar to the search I want to do as above, but with old expired sites as well.

Thanks.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyDora said:
As another feature, I'd love to see the history of a domain, from registration through the various owners. Thanks.

Go to http://openaccess.dialog.com/ip/

and select Domain names. You have to pay for the search. Hope it helps.

URLtrader

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HeavyDora said:
Well, Network Solutions still allows you to search for domains by NIC handle ...
Last time I did that (like 2 - 3 years ago), they have capped the results to 50 entries, which was not even half good. And now only a fraction of registrations stay with NetSol, making it basically useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom