Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo’s New Up Close and Personal Brokerage Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

Sedo’s Brokerage Services have been updated with additional communications tools and a new process for submitting both buyer and seller side brokerage requests. Our dedicated brokers will now be able to work one-on-one with clients through Sedo’s exclusive message tool instead of standard email. The goal for these updates is to build stronger relationships through a more personalized service.

Our Sedo team is excited to bring our clients the tools and individual support they need to get the results they want. Whether you’re a buyer or a seller, check out what our new brokerage services can offer you!

Enjoy the new brokerage service!

Monica

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well, congratulations. Now I understand why the head of the brokers staff did not return my irate calls yesterday. Too busy popping champagne bottles?

If Sedo wants to be taken seriously they should IMMEDIATELY cease offering appraisals to NON-OWNERS of domains already parked & brokered at Sedo! The current modus operandi undercuts all sellers that are utilizing Sedo as the main selling platform.

And please return my call, I didn't quite get the name of the lady I was patched to.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No callback yet.

Sedo, your practice of giving appraisals to third parties of domains already parked and brokered through Sedo by their respective owners, is unethical and a case of conflict of interest.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I might just add that I sent in a Sedo Pro code a good while ago and have heard nothing back, despite having almost 1,000 domains currently with Sedo.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, I suspected that on one of my negotiations of a sale on sedo, sedo was the one actually negotiating agaist me (as a broker)...this is really just wrong IMO if it is happening. They have information not available to the public on my buying and selling habits, how many times I check the site and the offer thread....it really is a conflict of interest.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If Sedo wants to make $49 for an appraisal and lose $3k in broker's fees, that's fine by me.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well sure Sedo has serious issues and I think if it weren't for the efforts of reps T and M on the forums here, we'd all be a lot worse off. They have helped tremendously especially in times when nobody returns calls or emails (well emails in my case) or when things get problematic. That kind of help is invaluable. Now as for Sedopro-anybody got a code so I can pick a number and join the queue...;)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well sure Sedo has serious issues and I think if it weren't for the efforts of reps T and M on the forums here, we'd all be a lot worse off. They have helped tremendously especially in times when nobody returns calls or emails (well emails in my case) or when things get problematic. That kind of help is invaluable. Now as for Sedopro-anybody got a code so I can pick a number and join the queue...;)
As may be - but no answer to my problem as yet... or is it rocket science?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Dale,

I asked one of my colleagues in the UK parking team to get back to you ASAP regarding your SedoPro application.

Cheers,

Tom

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many thanks Tom. The code came from a longstanding Mod here so I assume it will be valid. Appreciate the fast response here. Looking for a quick resolution as I'm sure you'll understand. I'm tired of playing the 'massive DNS update see-saw' game.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Let's hear about these appraisals, Tom. If Sedo wants to be taken seriously, you should immediately screen all appraisal applications so that no appraisals are offered to third parties, if the domain in question is already parked at Sedo. It undermines a seller's potential.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom, what exactly is new about your brokerage services? What has changed?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Tom, what exactly is new about your brokerage services? What has changed?

1. Sedo sells appraisal to Joe Domainer for $49 for a domain I own, which is on sale through Sedo and earning revenue through Sedo's parking pages.

2. Joe Domainer uses this $49 appraisal as a certificate against my own personal pricing of the domain. Who am I to question Sedo's authoritative appraisal, right?

3. At the same time, Sedo brokers contact me, brokering offers for the same domain they appraised, at half the appraised value!

Things have changed, for the worse.

betternames.com

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...edited...
will repost depending on how the situation turns out...

Last edited:

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to grab the opportunity and ask you (Monica or Tom, SedoCoUk) a question related to Sedo's auction/brokering system;

A long time ago, I used to send an e-mail to a very friendly and helpful Sedo associate (Christine) whenever I wanted to start an auction for any of my domains. After a while of doing this, Sedo supposedly stopped sending domains to auction on request from the owners and I was told that the only way to auction my domains from now on, was to send it to auction after a bid was received, or via applying for the "Premium Auction" (monthly Sedo/GD event).

I was OK with Sedo's decision for a while, but then I started noticing domains auctioned off apart from the GD/Sedo auction events, both with and without reserves. These domains was not kicked into auction after a bid was received, because many of the names had a "Reserve not met" status.

Since then, I have sent numerous e-mails to several Sedo brokers and customer service representatives, asking them why they are still promoting and auctioning domain names, even if I was told they do not do that anymore. I also listed a couple of my (good) domains and asked if they could set up auctions for those as well.

No luck at all.. All I received was some semi-automated answers, telling me how to auction my names; either start the auction after a bid is received or apply for the premium auction event. I was given absolutely no explanation why those particular domains was promoted/auctioned and I was left with only a "copy-paste" part of Sedo's FAQ-section, which I already was well aware of.

The reason I wanted to get a Sedo broker to start the auction for me, isn't because I'm having a hard time receiving bids for my domains, but because I have noticed that the domains auctioned by Sedo representatives, gets heavily promoted on Sedo's front page ("Featured Auctions") even if there are several days left of the auction.

As an example; right now, the following names are on Sedo's frontpage:

ychromosome.com
shoeleather.com
triumphal.com

There are no auction events going on right now and as the reserves are not met, these domains have obviously not been pushed into auction after receiving a bid.

It would have made sense, if Sedo made an exception for truly outstanding domains, which had the chance to really collect a big jackpot, but these domains (no offense to the seller) are not that spectacular.

So.. My question is;

How do I make Sedo put my domains up for auction and promote them like Sedo is currently promoting ychromosome.com, shoeleather.com and triumphal.com ?

I have names that are of way higher quality than these particular names, so why won't Sedo put those names up for auction when/if I request for them to do so?

So Monica and/or Tom (SedoCoUk), I really hope you have the time and effort to explain to us here on DNF, why Sedo are putting domain names up on (highly promoted) reserve auctions, when I have been told that the only way to auction off my domains at Sedo, is by applying for the Premium Auction or after receiving a bid.

I appreciate your time and looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Stian

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for any Sedo representative on DNF to reply to my last post in this thread.

:disappointed:

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the domains auctioned by Sedo representatives, gets heavily promoted on Sedo's front page ("Featured Auctions") even if there are several days left of the auction.

Best regards,

Stian

Yes, I noticed this too. In fact I had a domain going at auction for xx,000Euros and asked them how to get it to that front page and never, ever got any response. How DO you get on there and in bold no less? I sent 5 emails 0 response.

I was told for 49 dollars or something I could get a personal rep to try and sell any particular domain. But what that meant I don't know.

The Sedo appraisals are very low and they seem to deflate with the dollar against the Euro robbing those over here of value. A value given in dollars in 2005 tranlated to Euros over time has lost over 50 percent even though the dollar value was 5 percent higher in dollar terms today. In other words a domain at $50k 2005 = 50k Euro, today worth $52,500k = 25k Euro. A big loss of value from the eyeball over here.

I have lost a sale over their low appraisals and the buyers used that excuse that Sedo must know as I am parked there. They also use that paper in the business plans for due diligence. Sad. They kill their own valuations and fees.

I need a good rep to help sell a great domain (Sedo has refused). If you know anyone in New York City that wants to help broker a 6 (Sedo past appraisal), maybe now 7 digit, domain PM me.

Frustrating business.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Consider Bido's upcoming 1 domain per day selling system. Bido.com

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
- - - snip

The reason I wanted to get a Sedo broker to start the auction for me, isn't because I'm having a hard time receiving bids for my domains, but because I have noticed that the domains auctioned by Sedo representatives, gets heavily promoted on Sedo's front page ("Featured Auctions") even if there are several days left of the auction.

As an example; right now, the following names are on Sedo's frontpage:

ychromosome.com
shoeleather.com
triumphal.com

- - - snip

Stian

all 3 of those belong to the same person...
(just an observation)

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

S

SedoCoUk

Stian,

I spoke to our brokerage team and the names you mentioned should not have been entered as they are not a premium standard. The team have spoken to the broker involved and stressed that although they can use discretion, they have to ensure that all domains accepted are of true high quality.

Best,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom