Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo - 2 cents a click

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a software domain @ sedo...I have had alot of clicks but Sedo is only paying 2 cents a click. Over 20 clicks and I have yet to make 1$ US.

Does anyone know of any software keywords that pay better? Or any keywords that pay better period? I cannot leave this domain there if I cannot make more than 2 cents.

Thanks!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PapaStiz said:
Ok, I have a software domain @ sedo...I have had alot of clicks but Sedo is only paying 2 cents a click. Over 20 clicks and I have yet to make 1$ US.

Does anyone know of any software keywords that pay better? Or any keywords that pay better period? I cannot leave this domain there if I cannot make more than 2 cents.

Thanks!

Well my average click rate at Sedo this months is 0.21€ with the maximum being about €2.00 converting those figure to your American Dollars I get $0.26 and $2.45. Not bad considering some of the rubbish I have got!

It all about optimizing revenue not just clicks. Some keywords don't pay well because they get low bids at Adwords. You could use Adwords to see which Software related searches are commanding a premium and then adjust you keywords at Sedo to suit. I find it difficult to believe there is no money in advertising Software so you must be operating sub-optimally.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm getting the same problem with "Rap Music". I e-mailed Jay about it. Apparently if the traffic is US, their is a bug. In any case you need to optimize to a better paying word. Something I did was test out a few words, then see how many links show up. With Rap Music, I was only getting 1, however, with concerts and radio stations, there were a lot. My assumption is, if there are a lot of ads, then there must be competition, and the prices should be higher.

BTW, I recently got a 0.01 cent click from Google, when the minimum bid rate is 0.05 cents.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Well, I'm getting the same problem with "Rap Music". I e-mailed Jay about it. Apparently if the traffic is US, their is a bug. In any case you need to optimize to a better paying word. Something I did was test out a few words, then see how many links show up. With Rap Music, I was only getting 1, however, with concerts and radio stations, there were a lot. My assumption is, if there are a lot of ads, then there must be competition, and the prices should be higher.

BTW, I recently got a 0.01 cent click from Google, when the minimum bid rate is 0.05 cents.

Thats about the size of it!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im having problems also, I have some music related domains, and am getting .2 to .10 clicks. Im using "mp3 downloads" I wish i could find a decent keyowrd that wouldpay atleast .35 or higher. I have a movie related domain and the cpc is .75. it doesnt get alot of traffic but pay pretty decent when i get a couple clicks.
anyways, for the past week or so I got 78 clicks and made $8.00, thats pretty weak. I wish there was someone I could email there to help me out a little

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I emailed Jay and he is trying to sort it out. 27 clicks now and still less than 1$

S

SedoCoUk

Hi all,

A few of you have emailed me about 1 or 2 domains that were experiencing this. US traffic makes no less than 10 cents per click so I've asked our tech team to verify that this represents the true value of the clicks or if there's some sort of error. I will follow up with a new post when I hear back.

Jay
[email protected]

PapaStiz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep! All fixed now. Thank you Jay! You rock!

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
brassneck said:
Is there any way of knowing if we have been affected by this? Presumably all of us must have received at least some US traffic?

Well, the time of day that mine comes in suggests that the majority of traffic on English Terms comes from North America!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom