Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo - A flawed System

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain on Sedo December 6th and completed the transfer by December 8th, the buyer left the whois info in my name and the buyer is ignoring Sedo's requests to confirm he has the domain name. I forwarded Sedo the Go Daddy proof that the domain was transferred to the buyer's account but Sedo just leaves me hanging.

There should be a time limit on the buyer, what reason does he have to be bothered with Sedo anymore, he has my domain.

Come on Sedo wake up, it's almost a month.

BTW, it is a .ca sale.

-=DCG=-

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen a few months ago, except I was buying a domain FROM sedo. This domain was owned by Sedo's sister company, DomCollect, which warehouses domains they try to flip.

Anyways, I had to wait about a month (calls and emails to Sedo were ignored after they got my payment, but were super prompt before I paid), then call their registrar (1&1, also a sister company of Sedo) and threaten to have their accreditation suspended just to get the domain I paid for.

Sedo is horrible, and they absolutely do not care about their customers.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has always been a problem with Sedo. Once the buyer has the domain in their possession there is no sense of urgency to complete their part of the transaction. What amazes me is that after all of these years SEDO hasn't bothered to straighten this out. I guess once they get their commission they don't really care either.

Perhaps the answer may be as simple as ...they don't get their commission on the sale until the seller has gotten their funds and any interest accrued while the money sits in escrow goes to the seller. ;):eek:k:

I sold a domain on Sedo December 6th and completed the transfer by December 8th, the buyer left the whois info in my name and the buyer is ignoring Sedo's requests to confirm he has the domain name. I forwarded Sedo the Go Daddy proof that the domain was transferred to the buyer's account but Sedo just leaves me hanging.

There should be a time limit on the buyer, what reason does he have to be bothered with Sedo anymore, he has my domain.

Come on Sedo wake up, it's almost a month.

BTW, it is a .ca sale.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has always been a problem with sedo.

I don't mind waiting a week or two after I transfer the domain but a month is rediculous and their email replies don't show an end in site.

Pretty soon I'll ask to have the domain transferred back to me and end this sale.

-=DCG=-

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't mind waiting a week or two after I transfer the domain but a month is rediculous and their email replies don't show an end in site.

Pretty soon I'll ask to have the domain transferred back to me and end this sale.

-=DCG=-

a phone call should have resolved your issue

contact your account manager if you haven't already

this is not a problem unique to sedo, as it can occur when using escrow as well

but it's one reason why i prefer to push domains, rather than transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom