Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo account closed without warning/cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmshck122

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but found a thread on Google about this happening to someone else here too so I figured id post and hopefully get some sort of solution as to what happened.

I parked one of my old domains on Sedo to check out the parking service and try to sell the name. To my surprise the domain was still getting about 1000 hits a day ever since I stopped advertising about a year ago. Most of my clients were from Europe and about 20-30% from the U.S and Canada.

Everything was going fine, about a week and had about 1600 Page views and 200 or so clicks and I was like wow, this is working pretty well so far...Glad I made the decision to try these guys out. ....Boy was I WRONG.

I wake up the next morning excited to check the parking stats on this domain and my other ones parked with another host, and my login would not work on the Sedo site. So I go to the webpage and it says "Services for this domain have been discontinued."... Naturally I was very confused and upset that my domain was down and not earning revenue so I e-mailed sedo to ask them what the heck happened and after about 2 days they reply saying the traffic to my domain was "Not in compliance with there TOS" and then I asked them to explain and they told me it was not natural traffic.

Not only did they disable my parking account and not tell me about it, they closed my entire Sedo account so I can no longer even buy/sell domains.

I really do not understand how this is possible, I did not click on my own links and I surely did not ask anyone else too. This happene to anyone else here?

Intrade

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi mate

I also had my account closed yesterday. Again without any email notifications.

I recently paid Sedo over $100 for promoting my two domains and the 30 days haven't even elapsed. Also, I had one domain which was sold and was awaiting transfer but that can't go ahead as I don't have the buyer's contact details.

I have written to Sedo and they state that my domain parking didn't comply with their terms.

Hopefully for your sake and mine something will be resolved.

All the best.

tmshck122

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: Very good service, I e-mailed them and it was all sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom