Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo account closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having a problem logging onto Sedo today? For some reason it will not let me log in today and when I ask their system to send me my password it says that my account is closed? Not sure why?

Jay28

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was able to login, you may want to contact them.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I logged in without any problems as well. Try contacting their Support, If you are U.S. customer, contact [email protected]

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how long it takes for Sedo to respond to emails? I sent some emails out about this and have received no response from them. It's been about 24 hours since I noticed the problem. In fact, it appears that my whole account was deleted because the domain I had parked there is no longer showing up for sale in their domain catalogue.

Just to be sure, I reread Sedo's terms of service just to make sure I didn't overlook something and may have inadvertantly did something against their policies and I did nothing that I could see that would warrent being deleted and I would think I would get some kind of notice if that were the case. Now I am losing money every day that I can't access this account -- and there was a good amount of earnings that I no longer have access to either. If anyone from Sedo sees this please PM me.

Thanks.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
banddomain said:
4 days now and no email reply from Sedo.

Certainly looks like you got the ax , they always seem to do this around months end. If I remember correctly another member had this happen last month and it turned out he purchased a domain that was hijacked without having knowledge of it, and had it parked there.

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks.
Who is Ed? Is that his profile id?

Thanks.

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Already did....well I emailed him. No reply yet after 2 days.
What really urks me is that if I was axed for some reason there was no email telling me why. Also, the fact that I have emailed just about every Sedo email I can find and have had no responses back at all. Is this normal? Do they let you build up some income and then just delete your account so they don't have to pay?

Don't get me wrong....if there was a legit reason for closing my account I would totally understand and not let it happen in the future.

Does anyone have their phone number in the US? It used to be on their site but it doesn't appear to be there anymore.

Thanks everyone for your help.

ondera

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
don't worry, i sent a mail to sedo last week, they replied me today, i think they get very much mails.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed does not work for Sedo anymore. You can send PM to SedoCoUk, that might be the best solution or call them.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
banddomain said:
Do they let you build up some income and then just delete your account so they don't have to pay?.

This has pee'd off many people before , but as I understand what they do is review all accounts just before money is alocated to accounts to get paid, so thats when some get the ax , just before payment time.

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I definately won't be recommending Sedo to anyone if that's the case.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
banddomain,

If you search around DNForum, you will be able to find lots of information about other customers, whose accounts were closed (Most of them were closed, without any detailed explanation or proof)

banddomain

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Maxo. I noticed that too.

Just an update....Jay from Sedo emailed me and they are looking into it. My account has been reactivated but unfortunately my earnings that were there are gone....not sure if I am getting them back. At least someone is looking into it though.....Thanks Jay from Sedo!

Just so people know that I'm not just here to bash Sedo, I can see their position as well. They want to make sure that the traffic I am getting is legit. Can't blame them a bit there because I would say that it is possible to abuse the system and Sedo wants to keep on top of that.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They "lost" one of my domains and it has been about a week and they have done nothing.
They lost your whole account so this will get them more than a month.
Terrible...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They decided to delete my account the day before they were supposed to send me a $600 payment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom