Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Appraisal Any Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gscrot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain name i have had appraised by sedo for £2800. www.goodp**n.co.uk (i have censored in case it is seen as to adult for this room). Are these sedo appraisals accurate? does any one have any experiences of them? any comments will be most welcome.

GSCROT

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
appraisals are useless, just someone elses opinion, we will give you an opinion for free.

a domain is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DNjet is absolutely correct .... save your money

the forums are the best place as you may get several viewpoints , some advice , possible other uses etc ...

sedo appraisals are a way for sedo to charge you for asking more than 10k on a domain... treat it like a listing fee !

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo appraisals are a joke. Agree with the above posts, save your money. You have more experienced talent right here on the forums.

gscrot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you think the domain is worth? I put it in the adult domain appraisal sections but no one replied that was why i got the sedo one. Thanks for your replies

Gscrot

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received about 4 premium appraisals from sedo a few years ago and I was very happy with them.

They used to give appraisals that were "fair to buyer and seller".

Things might have changed now though.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sedo appraisal can help justify an asking price during negotiations. Of course that's only any good if the appraisal at least matches your asking price. This month they valued one of my names at $1,500 and it sold a week later for nearly $15,000.

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One reason that appraisals can be wildly inaccurate is that domain sales don't really occur that often. It's also much harder to appraise a domain than a piece of property because there aren't always "comparable" domain sales. Sedo does as well as anyone IMHO - but getting an appraised "end-user" value does not mean that you will really be able to sell it for that any time soon.

I have a domain name i have had appraised by sedo for £2800. www.goodp**n.co.uk (i have censored in case it is seen as to adult for this room). Are these sedo appraisals accurate? does any one have any experiences of them? any comments will be most welcome.

GSCROT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom