Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo appraisals - do buyers care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't say I was impressed with the one single appraisal I paid for. It came back at about 15-20x what the domain is really worth, and 5x what the owner agreed to sell the name for.

My question is, has anyone actually stuck a SEDO appraisal to a domain and used it succesfully with SEDO's listings to get a sale price near the appraisal value?

Other thing is the "appraise my portfolio" which has no price just an email address on SEDO's appraisal section. I'm interested in what the final cost would be and was wondering if anyone has used this service?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appraisals have always been just that, appraisals. I think Sedo's appraisals are aimed at the end user, so $xx,xxx values are quite common. However, most of the domains being bought and sold on Sedo are by other resellers or parking services, so the appraisal price doesn't really reflect the amount those users are willing to pay.

Same thing with GreatDomains.com. Some nice names there but when they appraised my domain for sale they definitely gave it an end user price.

BrianBenko

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameJet said:
I can't say I was impressed with the one single appraisal I paid for. It came back at about 15-20x what the domain is really worth, and 5x what the owner agreed to sell the name for.

My question is, has anyone actually stuck a SEDO appraisal to a domain and used it succesfully with SEDO's listings to get a sale price near the appraisal value?

Other thing is the "appraise my portfolio" which has no price just an email address on SEDO's appraisal section. I'm interested in what the final cost would be and was wondering if anyone has used this service?

I have not tried SEDO's but I have used Monikers and I think it is very accurate... and has helped on both the buy and sell side...

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
appraisals are waste of money, always were and always will be. and frankly speaking don't understand why would someone who is here on this board 4 the past four yearsm, have a need 2 pay 4 appraisals?

BrianBenko said:
I have not tried SEDO's but I have used Monikers and I think it is very accurate... and has helped on both the buy and sell side...

nice plug.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatchamacallit said:
appraisals are waste of money, always were and always will be. and frankly speaking don't understand why would someone who is here on this board 4 the past four yearsm, have a need 2 pay 4 appraisals?

The thread has nothing to do with the general value of appraisals. The question is if SEDO's "end user price" appraisals have any impact on getting closer to an end user price on SEDO for your sales.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameJet said:
The thread has nothing to do with the general value of appraisals. The question is if SEDO's "end user price" appraisals have any impact on getting closer to an end user price on SEDO for your sales.

your question is narrowly specific, but non=productive. how exactly r sellers supposed 2 know what (and in what %) has influenced buyers 2 pay a certain price? do buyers email sellers at the conclusion of sale by saying 'i was prepared 2 pay $500 for your domain, but after i read that sedo appraisal i decided to pay u $50,000'?

generally speaking i'd say only newbies with bad 2 mediocre names have paid 4 sedo's appraisals 2 begin with, which also means that the only buyers which could be influenced by such sedo appraisal values r newbies themselves. so yes, i'd say newbie buyers could possibly be influenced, but certainly not domain sharks or big companies who know better. so i guess it depends on who your target audience is.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
money spent on appraisals is better spent on more domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom