Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo auction SPAM -- now out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Sedo auction spam is now getting out of control.

At first is was about once a week, then daily, and now several spams per day, mostly for .CN domains. My requests to remove me from the spam lists have been ignored.

I have now filed FOUR complaints against the spammers, which Sedo is "looking into". The spam has not stopped.

If you are getting this spam, report it to Sedo so they can terminate and ban those sellers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Sedo auction spam is now getting out of control.

At first is was about once a week, then daily, and now several spams per day, mostly for .CN domains. My requests to remove me from the spam lists have been ignored.

I have now filed FOUR complaints against the spammers, which Sedo is "looking into". The spam has not stopped.

If you are getting this spam, report it to Sedo so they can terminate and ban those sellers.
I get numerous, perhaps a dozen or more a week, regarding the .cn counterparts.

What is the connection with Sedo?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get numerous, perhaps a dozen or more a week, regarding the .cn counterparts.

What is the connection with Sedo?

They are promoting their auctions at Sedo.

I am demanding Sedo enforce its TOS and cancel and ban those user accounts. They have ignored all warnings to stop spamming.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are promoting their auctions at Sedo.

I am demanding Sedo enforce its TOS and cancel and ban those user accounts. They have ignored all warnings to stop spamming.
Is Sedo supplying them a list of member's names?

Sorry, I am still missing the connection.

If you would care to explain how you came about this conclusion I am all ears (eyes).

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is Sedo supplying them a list of member's names?

Sorry, I am still missing the connection.

If you would care to explain how you came about this conclusion I am all ears (eyes).

=====
Hello

The domain name www.BREASTIMPLANTS.NET.CN is available for purchase. Since you own this name in another extension, we thought this name would be of interest to you.

We price is at www.4.cn for $800 ; at www.Sedo.com for $900
or www.Escrow.com at $1000 ! We could finish the transaction through any a international Domain trade agency !

Thanks

Regards

liu
My mail: [email protected]
====
Hello

The domain name www.DIVORCEDOCTOR.CN is available for purchase. Since you own this name in another extension, we thought this name would be of interest to you.

We price is at www.4.cn for $800 ; at www.Sedo.com for $900 or www.Escrow.com at $1000 ! We could finish the transaction through any a international Domain trade agency !

Thanks

Regards

liu
===

I received both of these in the last HOUR.

See the Sedo clue?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received both of these in the last HOUR.

See the Sedo clue?
OH ****!

So sorry.

Yes, now I do.

I get these emails all the time. It has gotten to the point I never get beyond the first line.

Damn, they must have hundreds of people that get all the WHOIS for every name.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I forward each of these spams to my account manager. Everyone should do same.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
These all come from the same dufus that registers .cn of .com's you might have listed at Sedo.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you know whos spamming? the chinese?

The "reply" address is always different and almost always invalid. The email wording is always about the same (in very bad English), and at the bottom is usually this:

liu

Sometimes that email address changes, but it's always a recently registered domain with obviously fake whois data.

So only Sedo has their "most real" ID and bank account info... that's where to hit them so it counts.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes that email address changes, but it's always a recently registered domain with obviously fake whois data.
I honestly get so many of them that I don't even open them. That is what caught me off guard with your post.

These come by the bundle on some days. No matter what I have, if it is a .com or net, I should buy the valuable .cn.

Impossible to block as well due to all the changing emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom