Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

elitedomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, not sure where to post this but this seems like the best place.

I am currently involved in a Sedo auction. The domain was chosen as a "Top Domain" and last month I payed them for an appraisal. They came back and said they thought it was worth $3,000 and gave me the option to auction it without a prior bid and would even set the minimum reserve at $2,000 but "strongly encouraged" me to auction it with no reserve as it would "generate more interest and get into a bidding war".

My gut instinct told me not to do that but since they seemed so sure I went ahead and did that.

Now with less than 2 hours left to go in the auction the domain is not even listed on the front page as usual with the other soon to be finished auctions while other domains with more time left are there and even a few domains that have much less lower bids than mine has currently.

For me the only reason to even USE Sedo to begin with is that the auction eventually hits that front page and gives you a lot of exposure but now they are even robbing me of that after I took thier advice to auction it without a reserve and the price is 1/10 of thier appraisal and without anyone seeing it in the last 2 hours it's possible it wont go much higher so what can I do? Am I just screwed? Is this normal for sedo to selectively manually remove a domain from that front page? i have never had it happen to me ever there. I know they say all auctions are legally binding but with either this being a "screw up" or on purpose am I really still obligated?

Domain Days 2024

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, all bids will usually come the last 10 minutes before the auction ends. If you think the domain should worth $3000, very likely it will bid up higher. What you should do now is to post on forums to drive more people to bid on your auction before it ends.

Good luck.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo appraisal: $49
Appraised amount: $5,000
Brokered offer via Sedo: $2,200
Telling them over the phone you just sold it for mid 5-figures: priceless.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, all bids will usually come the last 10 minutes before the auction ends. If you think the domain should worth $3000, very likely it will bid up higher. What you should do now is to post on forums to drive more people to bid on your auction before it ends.

Good luck.

Really, lol.

DG

elite domains, I have sent you a PM you will wish to read I think !

DG

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.orgs don't hit the front page

My .com that auctioned there for mid xx,xxx euros (never paid for either) also never made the front page. Several emails never answered as to how to get there and how to get in bold were also never answered.

Even though the guy never paid me and a lot of others Sedo still lets them buy domains whenever they want. Business you know.... they never lost anything.

michaelg314

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys, this happened to me today with ilfa.com. Forget being listed in bold... It simply was not shown on the frontpage as is typical with all auctions that are ending. I think I'm going to have to call in the best researcher with issues like these: Jaime!

We all should try to get to the bottom of this.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elitedomains what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom