Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Auctions - good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot more sales are happening with the new Sedo auctions format, and many DNF'ers are posting when they start an auction at Sedo.

Has anyone here seen an improvement in their sales due to this new auction format at Sedo?

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good for sellers, bad for buyers.

I don't even bother making offers there anymore.

- Rob

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there is any chance the domain might go to auction I wouldn't bid

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The auction process has destroyed my sales at Sedo...I rarely get a bid anymore. I used to average a few bids a week.

I have yet to put any names up at auction so I have not tested the waters, but as far as getting the random offer...it just does not seem to happen unless you have a solid enduser...which is very difficult.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good for sellers, bad for buyers.

I don't even bother making offers there anymore.

- Rob

It certainly makes it harder to get a "steal" when your bring attention to the name and it goes to auction.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The auctions certainly seem to have created high interest for some select domains, whether deserving or not. Judging from some of the closing prices, seems like a lot of developers and end users have been involved in the bidding.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a number of names thru Sedo over the past few yrs but what with the new auction format would never make offers again. Why would I in effect invite competition by making the name I want go to auction to attract competing offers and drive up the price?

P.S. The auctions may work well for high-value names which are in hot demand with deep pocket buyers but not for most others.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Totally agree, I don't get much offers from sedo anymore. People seem to lost interested in submitting offers.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the only offer I have gotton since this nonsense started were a couple of lowball (100 bucks) offer from some scammers trying to find a bargain for LLL.coms domains.. I never liked afternic, but I listed all my domains with them as well now

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the only offer I have gotton since this nonsense started were a couple of lowball (100 bucks) offer from some scammers trying to find a bargain for LLL.coms domains.. I never liked afternic, but I listed all my domains with them as well now

Judging from the loc.com auction today, you might as well send a $100 offer to auction!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Here's a hint: brokered deals skip the auction part.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actually ... lots of interest now in my LLL.com on Sedo since the auction thing ,... But as a buyer , just go to the whois and make a realistic offer . as said already , The bargains are no more via the auction format.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am actually glad I bought the names I did at sedo before tha auction process started...I got a few great bargains. In the past I would regularly bid on names and try to negotiate...now that is taken away so I just contact the owner and go through escrow. I have only put one bid in at sedo since the auctions started and doubt I will in the future.

I'm sure Sedo's goal is to have the crazy over bid auctions that snapnames has...but it really does not work for the buyer.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i rather take 5% less on a domain than paying 10% comission on my LLL.coms , and recently i have received many of those generic emails wanting to buy them for little money trying to take advantage of a non-professional, I guess a couple of people here have been pretty successful if I look at the recent appraisal section

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom