Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

SEDO auctions lousy service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaugusto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My auction on SEDO ended and the transfer process starts as usually. Two days later, I get this message from SEDO:

"Unfortunately the account of the bidder in the transfer of your domain has been flagged for security reasons. To protect the integrity of our marketplace, we have suspended this account resulting in the cancellation of your transfer."

Ok, I understand, they are protecting themselves and protecting me. Then I suggested:

"Thanks, please sell it to the second higher bidder" and got no reply... I mean is he fraudulent also? How about the 3rd one?

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My auction on SEDO ended and the transfer process starts as usually. Two days later, I get this message from SEDO:

"Unfortunately the account of the bidder in the transfer of your domain has been flagged for security reasons. To protect the integrity of our marketplace, we have suspended this account resulting in the cancellation of your transfer."

Ok, I understand, they are protecting themselves and protecting me. Then I suggested:

"Thanks, please sell it to the second higher bidder" and got no reply... I mean is he fraudulent also? How about the 3rd one?

Some of Sedo's agents are really slow.. E-mail them instead. If your transfer agent's name is John Doe then his e-mail is usually [email protected].

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a tradeoff you take when dealing w/Sedo, you get better checks for security (origin of the domain, funds, etc depending on which side you're on) but if they're overzealous in doing that their efforts are counterproductive, ie if you're buying then the auction you bid on may get cancelled even if it wasn't really necessary, and if you're selling the deal may get nullified for other reasons. As for asking the 2nd highest bidder if he's still willing to buy the name for the amount of his bid (when the winner doesn't pay) as well as asking the seller if he'll take that lower selling price, it's up to Sedo only, they don't do it as routine as others may. I think only once was I asked if I still wanted to buy the domain for my bid amount when the buyer backed out. When I've been the seller I've never had that after an auction, just after a str8 offer but in those cases there isn't a 2nd highest

My auction on SEDO ended and the transfer process starts as usually. Two days later, I get this message from SEDO: "Unfortunately the account of the bidder in the transfer of your domain has been flagged for security reasons. To protect the integrity of our marketplace, we have suspended this account resulting in the cancellation of your transfer."

Ok, I understand, they are protecting themselves and protecting me. Then I suggested: "Thanks, please sell it to the second higher bidder" and got no reply... I mean is he fraudulent also? How about the 3rd one?

Last edited:

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This happened to me once and the 2nd buyer no longer wanted it. I suggested that it should be pushed to auction with 0 bids at even half the selling price for the option Seldom and I could still make some green. They didn't agree though. I suppose it's who you know...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom