Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo backs out of a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We bought a domain listed in Sedo, paid for it, and after a long time was told there were "issues" that may delay the transfer.

After more time, we were sent a message that the domain could not be transferred, and that we would be given a refund.

As I understand it, a deal is a deal, especially after having already paid for a listed domain.

Has anyone had this happen recently?

Last edited:
Domain Days 2024

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The issue was probably that the owner no longer owned the domain or the owner did not transfer the domain to sedo for the swap. That's my best guess.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It happened to me a few times.

e.g. I bought AAAN.com but after few days, they said the owner changed and could not transfer the domain any more.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo backed out of the deal or the domain owner? I am guessing the domain owner backed out of the deal, not Sedo.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo backed out of the deal or the domain owner? I am guessing the domain owner backed out of the deal, not Sedo.

Agree.
The question is: Sedo BAN the domain owner backed out of the deal?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the owner counter is a "four star" active seller and counter-offered during the process, so they knew what was happening, and the domain is STILL for sale on Sedo.

You might expect this from BuyDomains but I think Sedo needs to enforce the deal when it is still trying to sell the domain.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the owner counter is a "four star" active seller and counter-offered during the process, so they knew what was happening, and the domain is STILL for sale on Sedo.

You might expect this from BuyDomains but I think Sedo needs to enforce the deal when it is still trying to sell the domain.

Request the Buyers information from the sedo rep. handling the transaction and insist the buyer be banned for violating the rules

jim

BTW...if the seller also has a sedo parking account request that be closed also..they may just complete the transaction then..

G/L

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom