Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Blacklisted my name after it was sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

karter9977

About 30 days ago I received an offer for one of my names through sedo, so I put it to auction.

Two weeks after the name sold I contacted sedo because it seemed like the buyer hadnt paid. Sedo told me they hadnt recieved the money and were going to try and contact the buyer.

A week after that I hear nothing so I contact them again and they tell me that they werent sure yet and would get back to me in 24 hours.

3 days later I still here nothing so I email sedo and ask for the buyers info since it is a contract.

Today I get an email from the legal department at sedo saying the name I sold has been blacklisted today and has been taken off sedo becuase of a tradmark issue. When there are thousands and thousands of names very similar to mine that are still on sedo. There is even 4 or 5 names that are exactly the same but just with a different extension.

I think I am going to have to give sedo a call about this. The name has been listed with sedo for well over a year and have never had a problem until a month after I sell the name.

Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
There is a chance the potential buyer had tm interest in the name. You were double-screwed! Place it elsewhere, e.g. at Parked.com and enjoy the benefits.

K

karter9977

Yea, I contacted the legal department. I asked for the buyers contact info. I did get double-screwed lol.

Im taking all my names off sedo right now.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Keep in mind Sedo won't disclose emails and phone numbers, citing privacy concerns. Seems very unfair, given the fact that a binding contract contains your entire contact info. The only way you could extract this info would be via a subpoena by a court.

K

karter9977

Yea, I just want this persons name really. The only thing in the contract is his tax id number.

UPDATE:

Sent sedo's legal team a nice letter. And they are going to ignore the complaint by the owner of the trademark becuase the sale occured prior to the complaint. Also they are going to contact the buyer and give him a deadline of Nov 13th. If he doesn't pay up they will release all of his contact info to me.

chois

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sent sedo's legal team a nice letter. And they are going to ignore the complaint by the owner of the trademark becuase the sale occured prior to the complaint. Also they are going to contact the buyer and give him a deadline of Nov 13th. If he doesn't pay up they will release all of his contact info to me.

Cool. Let us know.

K

karter9977

Surprisingly the buyer paid up. Im wondering if Sedo just bought it lol. How do they go from they havent heard anything from the buyer and havent been able to contact the buyer to we received the money today 3 days later lol.

Well anyway Im glad about the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom