Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale SEDO.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had to laugh when I went to SEDO.ca and it is only in French. We have two official languages in Canada SEDO. :-/

I have dealt with SEDO for over 8 years now and I for one am extremely dissappointed in their lack of recognition of the .ca marketplace. I have emailed them numerous times about a better Canadian recognition but it never went anywhere.

Last edited:

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's weird. It gives you about 10 languanges to choose from, but after a few seconds of inactivity it loads the french version

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had two sales of .ca's there. they take a min $100usd of the sale price. and are absolutly no help when trying to instruct the buyer on the transfer process, both times they gave me the buyers contact info and I handled it direct. if I waited for Sedo it would have taken weeks if not months

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree Ian. Since they grabbed and developed the .ca version of SEDO, they should have at least educated themselves on the transfer process.

RASHID007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm new, so if I sell a .ca for say $60 I have to pay them $100 so I'm left at -$40?

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm new, so if I sell a .ca for say $60 I have to pay them $100 so I'm left at -$40?

A $60 sale would only incur a $10 fee I believe.

RASHID007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A $60 sale would only incur a $10 fee I believe.

Thank you.

That would make sense. It's just that the way the Sedo price info is worded, and based on other discussions on dnforum, I thought the $100 minimum applied to all .ca sales regardless of sale price. I hope you're correct.

Anyone care to confirm that has experience selling a .ca on sedo? Did you pay the $100 or just the 10%?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had .ca sales through Sedo but nothing substantial, the $100 fee really takes a chunk out of those sales, so I no longer bother with trying to sell them there...

RASHID007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have had .ca sales through Sedo but nothing substantial, the $100 fee really takes a chunk out of those sales, so I no longer bother with trying to sell them there...

Wow, that's nuts. Thanks for confirming that if I sell a $60 .ca on Sedo I actually lose $40 on the sale because they'd keep the $60 plus another $40 out of my pocket.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's nuts. Thanks for confirming that if I sell a $60 .ca on Sedo I actually lose $40 on the sale because they'd keep the $60 plus another $40 out of my pocket.

I am not exactly sure if that is the case... I have never sold a name there for less than $100...

RASHID007

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where's the cheapest place to sell .ca domains via auction? Pool.com seems cheaper. Any others?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Just set your minimum offer to $1500 or $2000, or whatever best absorbs that $100 commission for you.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try parking a provincial domain there - what morons. "Sorry we don't allow sub-domains."

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i complained to them about the french page being the default. They respnded by telling me to use sedo.com ....

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got an offer yesterday on sedo for $125 - after sedo's cut that's 25...

Anyways I countered with 1500. Bonehead counters with 250 so I put it to 2500. They then have the gall to send a message that I'm an amateur....

If that is someone from here - GET A LIFE YOU TWIT - and learn how to value a domain name. :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom