Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Captures the Top Spot on This Week's Domain Sales Chart with Capture.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new weekly domain sales report is out at DNJournal.com. For the second straight week no reported sales broke the six-figure barrier, however a couple of even bigger blockbusters are waiting in the wings. The 16 .coms on the leader board are joined by a trio of ccTLDs and a pair of non .com gTLDs (one of those is among the year's five biggest sales in that category). You can get all of the details here:
http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL ok this is becoming funny, seeing more and more names I have owned/sold in the last 3-5 years making top spots on dnj, 3 last week, ground.com a while ago, now capture.com etc.

I am very happy to see the ships come in for these folks, all the sales I have seen posted the last while I sold within the last 3 years, shows the market is rising for good generics still!

Congrats everyone and buy my generics lol

Last edited:

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha, it's the 1st time I have a domain in the top position on DNJournal :D

It wasn't a strong week for domain sales.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not funny if you sold it for less. How much did you lose on profit?

I never lost a thing on those, I made my money and reinvested that money into more names which... made more money. Admittedly 3 of the 5 five I mention sold for double or $25k-$30k more which is a decent roi for 3 years but no regrets and here is why.

It has always been my state of mind that the money I make is used to make more money and therefore there cannot be regrets. Lets say I waited 3 years and made $30k more and sold it last week. Instead I made $10k 3 years ago, used that to make $20k that year and $40K the next, sometimes holding out actually hurts the bottom line IF buying and resale is the goal. It isnt everyones cup of tea, not many if but 5-10 guys in the world I know buy and sale premium generics both public and private to the degree I do. It all started with $500 and a LLL.net :)

The above works for me because I work, my butt off all day everyday, phone calls, emails, research etc. It only makes sense for me to hold out if I was done buying myself. A good resellers needs to be flipping and is flipping for a profit. A good reseller also has happy customers when they resale for more!

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I started al this about 3 years ago these reports were full of the main TLDs (.com, .net, .org) and the occasional .co.uk, .ca, or .de. Now, we're seeing more and more ccTLDs appearing near the top of the charts.

No, it doesn't mean that .com is going to die but ccTLDs (well, in countries that push their own ccTLD) are making up ground.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Never regret breaking up with old girlfriends or you can never move on :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Meaning, don't regret domains you bought, sold and which were then resold at higher prices, made the news etc.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meaning, don't regret domains you bought, sold and which were then resold at higher prices, made the news etc.

lol I know what you ment, I ment some dont ever break up (sale) therefore no regrets.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I regret a domain sale even in the case I had a good profit. I'm sentimental :lol:

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha, it's the 1st time I have a domain in the top position on DNJournal :D

It wasn't a strong week for domain sales.

Congratulations for being at the top spot at least for one week. I just blogged about Capture.com sale on my website. Look at my signature.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh nice. I have sold some good names before and now some are looking for 25% less than they bought it for and still cant sell.
I guess i payed to much for some aswell but not looking to sell atm so no loss (i have development plans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom