Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had difficulty fitting their domain names into the categories Sedo provides? There are no specific headings for crafts, hobbies, paranormal, pets (which I think should be separate from 'animals'), surgical operations, coaching (as in positive thinking) or mental health. Surely I can't be the only one looking for these? Also, 'general' is down twice under Consumer Goods.

Domain Days 2024

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has always been a problem. Lots of things just don't fit under their generic categories. The photos are also rarely on the mark. Parked uses some of the same photos but a LOT more of them.

accent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I actually discussed this issue with a Sedo rep on the other forum.

He said that changing the category structure would be a big job because of all the domains already listed in the current system. There are no plans to change at this time.

However the good news is that they are working on revising the search function, making it more "intelligent".

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think they should consider doing "a big job" rather than simply put out a campfire. Add the categories and let the owners choose whether to adjust or not. Surely it affects both SEDO and the owner's income.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what categories would everyone like to see added to SEDO ??

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, Patricia. The sections I would like to see are more or less the ones I mentioned before as missing. Hobbies of all kinds are a big web interest, for example, collecting things, board games, and so on. Crafts like papier mache and painting aren't necessarily business or art.

Animals in zoos or in the wild are more relevant to nature, I feel, than pet animals, which I would consider to be more a part of home or household. I suppose I would like to see a specific area for home or household to include all domestic activities and rooms, including DIY and gardening, which is larger than the Plants' section under Nature. I couldn't find anywhere to put a kitchen-related domain other than under Real Estate.

When I'm looking up health issues it's often to do with surgical procedures or operations (such as knee replacement) and this can get lost under General Health. As I said, there seems to be no area for mental health issues under Health, although there is a Psychology section somewhere. But mental health is a huge issue nowadays, with millions of people bipolar or suffering from clinical depression. I would see positive thinking and personal or business coaching as fitting under Psychology, but others might think this is too specific for them.

I think that paranormal needs a special area all to itself under Culture. It takes in so many things - palmistry, ghosts, tarot, coincidences, Ushamanism and so on - even UFOs, in which there is a huge interest.

I would also like to see a section for night clubs, as people often don't go out for something specific like dining or see a movie, but sometimes just for a night on the town.

What about yourself? What would you like to see there?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Military
Karting
Jockstraps

Plus everything that is on Parked... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom