Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo changed the default template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's nice to have options with templates - perhaps you could explain to us why you forced "Lite" as the default template in my account, when the "Classic" was already in place?

As it happens I prefer the "Classic" overall, I find it more effective over the "Lite" - and when I choose others I switch to the Phoenix Blue or Pink.

So again, you create more work for me because I have to freaking edit 650 domains' template options.

Thanks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You miss the point.

Sedo had NO BUSINESS to change MY settings. They switched all of my "Classic" choices - without a signle exception - to "Lite" which is the most butt-****ing ugly template of all.

I can't do batch edits because I have lots of Phoenix Blues and Pinks.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Took me 15 minutes clicking on each domain like a deranged Bingo player. Thanks Sedo!

jdomains

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the new default sucks ass
but i'm wondering if it converts better ... probably does
the worst looking stuff often converts the best

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Following that logic, jdomains, allow me to paint your house in the colors of my choice. I am sure you will love it!

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe they changed the default template because, yes..... the "lite" has shown to convert better than the classic overall. ;)

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
revenue has been so irregular there lately I just moved most away ..

PS I`d love my house painted btw :)

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the new default sucks ass
but i'm wondering if it converts better ... probably does
the worst looking stuff often converts the best

Exactly, the worst looking converts better. New templates are converting 7 % less for me. The best so far for me is "Lite".

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wonder what does Sedo do on a regular business day. No response here, as of why the template was changed without me chosing it.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Acroplex,

The parking page layouts were automatically changed to Lite because after many months of research, we found the Lite layout increases CTR over the Classic. Of course, every domain parker should do what they feel will give them the highest CTR.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Brad, the problem is that you didn't notify anybody. On top of that, you didn't just change the default option but rather, converted EVERY instance of "Classic" to "Lite". I had to change 650 domains via the drop boxes by hand. Furthermore, I don't really think "lite" converts better; my earnings have hit new lows. I am rather dissatisfied by this and other quirks at Sedo.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was not really happy about the change at first...but I have noticed more revenue since the change took place...can't say that the change is the source, but it may be.

That being said...I understand where Acro is coming from...options/notice should be given when a sweeping change is made (with an oportunity to back out).

Also, I usually get a response from Sedo in 24 hours after e-mailing or calling...not the best, but not the worst either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom