Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Click thru ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody else experienced a drop in the click thru ratio over the last week or so (discounting the problems this weekend). Mine has declined from about 13-14 per cent to only 10-11 per cent. The domains are more or less the same.

08/01/05 13.00%
08/02/05 13.00%
08/03/05 14.00%
08/04/05 12.00%
08/05/05 14.00%
08/06/05 13.00%
08/07/05 13.00%
etc.

but now

08/16/05 11.00%
08/17/05 11.00%
08/18/05 10.00%
08/19/05 10.00%
08/22/05 10.00%

Also - I have been waiting about 3 days to have keywords approved. Anybody else seeing a long a delay?

Thanks
Stephen.

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brassneck said:
Also - I have been waiting about 3 days to have keywords approved. Anybody else seeing a long a delay?

Oh yes. Some of my keywords stay yellow for some last daaaayys. I think we should be patient now. Still a system is not totally recovered I suppose.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent several requests today for my keywords to be updated.. I have over 40 now waiting to be approved.. I was told that there was none pending in my account. Clearly there is as when you load up the domain it lands on the portal page..

As for the comments about the drop... to be honest I see no real difference.. pretty much the same..

Lets hope SEDO get over this now and sort our the backlog... I am loosing money everyday that these domains are not updated... :-(

S

SedoCoUk

brassneck said:
Anybody else experienced a drop in the click thru ratio over the last week or so (discounting the problems this weekend). Mine has declined from about 13-14 per cent to only 10-11 per cent. The domains are more or less the same.

Thanks
Stephen.

Hello Brassneck,

We noticed the same trend in CTR and ask our advertising partner what the reason for this might be. They had an answer for us right away.

The amount of spiders visiting our parked pages (Googlebot, msnbot, other spiders) has increased significantly. The spiders don't click on the ads, but they are counted as views.

The number of clicks has stayed the same!

Of course with higher views and the same amount of clicks we'll get a lower CTR but revenue should be unaffected.

However, if anyone has seen an inexplicable drop in their revenue please pm me and I'll definitely take a closer look for you.

Also, there was an issue with new keyword suggestions not being forwarded to our optimization experts. However, this has been fixed and keyword suggestions are now being approved.

Jay
[email protected]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I thought spiders were tossed out altogether instead of being counted at all?

timm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
exactly...thats also my information...

sedo uniques are defined as "one IP per 6 hours, not counting any spiders, bots etc"

thats what I was told several times by sedo Germany.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm...interested in Jay's reply to this matter.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, count your blessings, you could have your names at Goldkey and lost most revenue over the last month. Looks like that PPC provider is down the tubes.
El-flusho

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sedo kicked ass today - my revenue is almost 100% up.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine has stayed at its consistently low payout level. I've been with Sedo for over a month now and one thing I've noticed is that the payout is very consistent from day to day... unfortunately.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Timm,

I'm sorry you were mislead but our parking system doesn't work like this at all.

Like every other parking service we do filter traffic. Everyone filters differently and like other systems ours is something of a blackbox. We don't divulge how it works so that people who do try to exploit it aren't given any clues how to succeed.

Jay
[email protected]

timm said:
exactly...thats also my information...

sedo uniques are defined as "one IP per 6 hours, not counting any spiders, bots etc"

thats what I was told several times by sedo Germany.

timm

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi jay,

I know, its much more complicated than what I said (excluding traffic from specific countries and much much more) but i was refering solely to search engine bots. you cant tell me they are counted as uniques... spiders are the last of all traffic sources that may be considered as "unique visitors".
Also, if sedo actually counted all those spiders...my stats would look a bit different, i guess.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spiders are not counted(previous comments by sedo)... Well we had this discussion some time ago. And my good friend Radistar pointed out "sedos bean counting" and it was cleared up then that Spider, Bots and such like are not counted.

I think what has happened here is that the tech team have just paid Jay some lip service here to get him off there back. Because if bots where counted then that would just open up a whole new can of worms. So I am sure Jay would like to swallow some of that pride and say he was mis-informed.

If indeed there was a huge rise in robot activity and in turn lots more page loads, this could be caused by increased search engine referral traffic which would be an after effect of the increased Bot activity.

However it really does amaze me how other PPC programs that I use have such inconsistent daily traffic.. Yet sedo have such tight consistency.. you would think that search traffic would be random due to the fact that you really should not get return visitors as most would click and move on till they find what they are looking for..

Chaos Theory Perhaps

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sounds kind of like the electric companies billing you for utilities. they claim it represents an actual reading of electicity used but it is amazing how it always averages out around the same amount each month even if you are gone for a week out of the month with bare minimums operating.....only insiders know for sure.....

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not compare their results to your meter? You can read your own meter each month and call them on it if you think they are overcharging you.

Reclaimed

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am new to this so if I am talking rubbish I apologise,but doesnt the robots text that sedo put on domain pages ban all robots?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Reclaimed,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question fully. Every once in a while, spiders and bots will scour the internet. In doing this, they visit parked pages. This is completely normal, although Sedo does not record these as actual visitors.

What is banned are the use of paid spiders/bots/etc, or anything that drives traffic to your parked domains artificially. As long as you (or anyone else) is not paying to have the spiders and bots visit your parked domains, everything should be fine.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

Reclaimed said:
I am new to this so if I am talking rubbish I apologise,but doesnt the robots text that sedo put on domain pages ban all robots?

Reclaimed

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply,nice to know you're watching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom