Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Closed Account. what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I already emailed them and I am waiting for a response. I have had an account for a long time, but I just started using it a few months ago to park some domains. I also made some pending offers to buy. No, I didn't click on my ads or anything like that, my friends don't know that I have domains. I was getting close to about $35 or so IIRC. Any ideas, is this common? TIA, I know I'm new. I just don't get it. I was ready to buy a name or 2.

I looked into it some more on this forum and see that they don't pay for non-converting traffic, which I checked and all of my names should be cake to convert, most of them receive little traffic, but it is type-in. I did have one name parked for about a week that had a fair amount of traffic (both type-in and expired) and it earned almost $10 in clicks in that week. But, I finished my mini-site for that domain, pulled it off of Sedo and has earned over $70 in CONVERSIONS in less than a week. Nothing adds up yet, at least nothing to earn respect for them.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome to the DNforum. Sedo could close an account when fraudclicking does occur. Unless i am mistaken I don't think sedo would ban some1 from using their services based on the size of their portfolio (if now somebody enlighten me).

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Abraham said:
welcome to the DNforum. Sedo could close an account when fraudclicking does occur. Unless i am mistaken I don't think sedo would ban some1 from using their services based on the size of their portfolio (if now somebody enlighten me).
I didn't click any ads, and it wasn't anyone I know(if that is the issue). I didn't notice any unusual traffic. The name that made about $10 in a week was a pretty expensive generic name. It mostly generates type-in traffic. I am still waiting to see what their response is. My account was small, I used it mostly to park while I developed mini-sites. I also used it to make offers for names.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Classic SEDO, banning accounts just before you are supposed to be paid because the traffic isn't good enough. There are MUCH better parking services around.

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Classic SEDO, banning accounts just before you are supposed to be paid because the traffic isn't good enough. There are MUCH better parking services around.
The crazy thing is, my traffic converts, when it is marketed properly. I know this because, eveytime I finish a site and pull it off of Sedo it makes money. A lot more than it did at Sedo.

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
please contact [email protected] to help you , as i do not think Sedo would close your account without a major reason ( clickfraud , ect. ).
i have used Sedo's parking for over 42 month now and evenso it is far from perfect , it is still a fair company who does not close accounts without a very good reason.

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
please contact [email protected] to help you , as i do not think Sedo would close your account without a major reason ( clickfraud , ect. ).
i have used Sedo's parking for over 42 month now and evenso it is far from perfect , it is still a fair company who does not close accounts without a very good reason.
Thanks, I sent him an email, I'll let you know what he says.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..they don't just close an account without reason, you should have received an email with a reason at least, .. you were saying you made some offers to buy, did you maybe not end up buying domain that you agreed to buy?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it would be best not to start these strings on a Saturday as they are closed on the weekend.

I am sure once they open Monday you will get a response.

-=DCG=-

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
To be honest, it would be best not to start these strings on a Saturday as they are closed on the weekend.

I am sure once they open Monday you will get a response.

-=DCG=-
Maybe they shouldn't close my account on a Saturday with no reason given. I was able to long in on Friday just fine. Plus, I didn't know they didn't have people working on the weekend.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are doing something wrong, why wait until Monday?

skwiggey

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domainah said:
..they don't just close an account without reason, you should have received an email with a reason at least, .. you were saying you made some offers to buy, did you maybe not end up buying domain that you agreed to buy?
I made some offers, none of them were final. Some people were unrealistic. A few I even offered the asking price, only to get a response that they wanted more $$. I had one name that it looked like we were actually going to reach an agreeable price on.

jdk said:
If you are doing something wrong, why wait until Monday?
That's just it, I don't see where I did anything wrong. I think it was very unprofessional of them to close my account, regardless of the reason with no reason given. I was negotiating on some domains. This might be resolved, but I have no respect for Sedo. Its bad business to treat people like this.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
skwiggey said:
That's just it, I don't see where I did anything wrong. I think it was very unprofessional of them to close my account, regardless of the reason with no reason given. I was negotiating on some domains. This might be resolved, but I have no respect for Sedo. Its bad business to treat people like this.

Strange..i feel like we are not getting all the info here..well..when they tell you what the reason was, let us know, that would be interesting to everybody..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom