Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo closed my account and withheld payments just like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomHall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna add to this huge anti Sedo chorus which is so obvious they are a very bad company. A lying, disgraceful shame they are.

Previously, I used to think they were good, but guess what, they suspended my account just like that and now removed all my due parking payments. This is the email they sent...maybe some of you have had mails like this.

Hello,

An audit of your traffic showed that it was not converting to sales for our advertising partner's sponsors and per our agreement with them we could not accept it. A detailed examination of your traffic showed that it was not natural (type in or related to search engine placement or past development). Our parking program can only accept natural traffic. Self generated traffic, incentivized traffic or traffic from any paid sources such as link exchanges or promotional software is not accepted.

Because of this we have no choice but to close your account and withhold your parking revenue.

David Thorpe
Customer Support - UK/International

Now I swear I have no idea what they are going about. I only know the traffic on one of my domains I bought just shrivelled up like that after 2 months, and although I suspect they may mean that domain is the problem, I still cannot accept them not giving a proper warning or note to me that that one of my domains was an issue. I can accept them deducting my earnings and asking me to remove whatever domain. I cannot accept they just closed out my entire earnings from all the other domains and suspended my account, with that shitty email on top, just like that.

This is UNACCEPTABLE. Basically they just stole whatever little they owe me. And so I just have to warn you all who think they are great, to think again.

Sedo, are you going to reply with an accusation of your own? Are you going to say I was faking the traffic on all my domains?? Many of my domains are expireds, hand regged or previous sites (which have valid backlinks, page rank)...I did NOT do anything to manipulate the traffic.

Guys, I just have alert you all. This is the first time I'm posting on this Sedo forum section, and also the first time I checked this section out.Well, looks like I'm not alone after all, but this has to be the worst.

P.S: Also, I'll add, prior to them closing my account, I also noticed the earnings on all domains were decreasing every single day, by the day....just like what many of you are going through but I didnt think much about it...

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whats your 3 top earners at sedo? if some people here can confirm those domains seem fine, this should help you.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainah,

What do you mean? Do you think Sedo will add the domains back if someone from dnforum confirms that those domains are ok?

KingdomHall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I really dont think that is going to help, will it? I dont think they will do a 180 degree turn...If you really, really want to know... pm me.

You have to come to your own conclusions and decide if you want to stay with them or not. Looks like I learned the hard way.

This is not a made up story, I just got their email, what sucks is they let me stay there for months thinking everything was okay and then BOOM!!

AND this coincides with what seems to be a horrible month for all you guys still parking with them...hmmph I think its obvious something is SERIOUSLY wrong over there at Sedo. Not even the least courtesy to warn me beforehand, which only shows they were out to get what little I earned there too....

And how would I know if the traffic is "converting" or not? Is that my problem? That's a common excuse now for PPC companies to rob you, apparently.

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I removed all mine including my top earners already.
It was better worth my while to point the domains at my forum and hope for that the unexpecting visitors would register/post messages....

I have never seen so many uv's turn into half a handful of change. :sigh2:

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me you got off lightly, most people just get buggered about interminably.

KingdomHall

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate fraud and all its forms, but these guys (Sedo) just assume I'm commiting fraud and without word or warning, just close down my account and pocket the earnings. They dont even bother to reply as of now...it's been 8 hours. How do I know if they are the real fraudsters???

But before doing the deed, the reps give no indication, everything looks peachy...and even though earnings keep going down, down, and down, I just cannot believe what happened!

I dont know how to check the links (there are thousands of backlinks), who would know which one sends bad traffic? Did they mention it in bold on the sales page?? Am I obligated to make sales for them??

Do you notice NONE of these details and warnings are shown on the sales and sign up pages for parking with them? Everyone gets the impression, it's fast, it's free and its easy. That's all I did, I spent hundreds on buying some domains and park them at Sedo and forgot about them. I did nothing to generate traffic, in fact traffic was slowly declining (expected) since I (and 99%) of you all dont own a heavy weight generic domain, am I right to say that?

Type in traffic is a luxury very few among us genuinely have. If my traffic from backlinks is not acceptable, than most of the domaining world can lay off their domains, and the meaning of "domain" would be...

domains = generic .com only.

I think I'm not the only one here who got *Sedo'ed*.............

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
since you got the "not converting" email , your issue is most likely with google and not sedo , those reports come from google to cut the cord, google is on the prowl big time, anything that doesn't look right is getting the ax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom