Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo closing accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have over 300 names parked at SEDO and as I logged in today- I couldn't because the message was "Account has been closed" and no explaination, no emails. nothing.
Why on earth would they do that? What can be done?
Advice and feedback appreciated.

Domain Days 2024

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
happened to me as well, drop a PM to sedocouk

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what happened, Justin?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think mine was caused by a comment I left for a seller, sedo thought it was rude.

nizamani

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
with sedo every thing is possible and that is all without any fair reason! I had my account suspended and got it after 3 months of struggle and now begging sedo to upgrade my account to sedopro as i have more then 200 domains, but you know sedo support does not care about anything. They just don't respond to queries, if they do reply with long lasting delays (5 days is minimum)..........
my brother that is the life with sedo. I have lost my words to count them their flaws!

Toufique Ahmed Nizamani
May Allah bless them.....

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's true.

They have horrible support. I think it's just because they don't have ENOUGH support. Too big for their britches.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All above is true. I have emailed in past and response was 3 days later. And not helpful at all.
One query I had was about a domain that I couldn't get listed - they had thought (or their software thought) it was copyrighted but it wasn't and they didn't even respond or even allow it listed. Another email I sent asked them to list a website for sale and they didn't even respond.Now some weeks later they just close the account of all my names and pop goes the revenue owing. Incredible.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think mine was caused by a comment I left for a seller, sedo thought it was rude.
I left many rude comments and Sedo only wrote "comment has not been posted for unsuitable content" or something like that

Fixhotep

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine was closed today as well. No word as to why.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score

Some buyer's offer to me was rude but in French and yet it made it through.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well an update. Today i got an email from sedo saying they couldn't find my account email then suddenly a new password was emailed to me and my account is reactivated, for which I am very grateful. BUT. something like 80% of my domains have to be reoptomised for sale and rekeyworded and all domain earnings from the past month and so far this month now show $0.0 instead of the parking money made!
I have no idea what happened over at sedo and it looks like I'll be spending several hours activating each domain all over again one by one.
On the plus side it was fast service for a change but I'd love to know how previous month's stats and earnings go *poof* and why some names need to be reoptimised and relisted while others are as originally set. Most bizzare...

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok Credit where Credit is due. My issues with Sedo have been sorted and very very quickly too. I am impressed with the quality management team-and in particular, with an agent called Sascha. I guess sedcoouk does monitor this forum and if you're reading this. Thanks.
The reason given as to why the account was closed was
"technical reasons" Well, we all have them, but it's in how fast and how professionally we deal with the problem that can make or harm a company's reputation.
That said, I like Sedo. Now I must try and make sedopro :smilewinkgrin:

Fixhotep

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They still aren't answering my emails and mine was closed same day as yours.

rkbdomain

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was it anything you did that caused the "techical reasons" for the account to be closed, or was it just entirely their fault? Glad to know they resolved it quickly.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually don't start any negotiation unless the first offer is serious. I pretty much ignore all those $60 offers right away. So there is no chance to leave any rude comments. I don't think sedo should close your account because of that. They should close the low ball buyers' accounts instead.

neonoceans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was it anything you did that caused the "techical reasons" for the account to be closed, or was it just entirely their fault? Glad to know they resolved it quickly.

No. Sedo admitted tech problem. I didn't do anything that I could think caused a tech problem. Hey it happens...

Fixhotep

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk took care of my problem today, thanks. It was also a technical problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom