Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo.com Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
either wait til you get a bid you like & then send to auction, but if no more bids will go for that.
when you get a bid it gives you choices, like counter, accept etc below these is send to auction.
if you don't want to wait for a bid you can send to auction via sedo broker. the quality of the domain & the tld will determine whether you can put a reserve
cheers
Pred ;)

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it take some time for the sedo broker to contact you? I submitted several and have not heard back?

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Expect to wait a few weeks and then MAYBE sedo will contact you.

Look - there goes a flying pig. :rolleyes:

Geography.info was not considered suitable for the auction - they wanted .com!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you have this name parked @ Sedo first?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Look - there goes a flying pig. :rolleyes:

Geography.info was not considered suitable for the auction - they wanted .com!
Same issues I am dealing with. Since they have implemented their auctions, not a peep back from a Sedo Broker. That's with nearly 3000 domains with them, a good associate who actually works for them in Cologne, Germany and an account manager here in Cambridge, MA.

My bud in Cologne says he has no idea what the holdup is so he is going to have a broker from the UK contact me. That was in the middle of this past week.

Says something when their own employees are getting fed up with the lack of service their organization is putting forth.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi All!

First of all, please keep in mind that the brokerag department is fielding emails from just about anyone and everyone who is interested in assisted auctions. With the high volume of requests, the brokerage departmen has had to be selective in the domains chosen to be auctioned off. However, I do encourage you to make requests when you feel a domain is worthy. Also, the timing a request can make a difference, so if you happen to get turned down, you may want to try again at a later point. Also, a good pointer would be to have a very realistic reserve in mind before sending them a message.

With that aside, I do encourage everyone to consider using the auction feature when available through the online marketplace. Once you have received an offer for any domain, you should be presented with the option to begin an auction. This initial offer will be used as your reserve price, so be careful not to agree to a reserve that you won't want to sell at. If higher bids are received, then the domain goes to the highest bidder. Should no others be made, then the original buye ris considered the winner and will get the domain at the reserve.

Most of the auctions on our website have been started in this way, so I encourage everyone to try it out. We've found that even domains with smaller reserve prices can sell for higher amounts in this way.

So check it out, and as always, keep us posted with any great domains you might have under your belt! I hope that helps, and I hope you all have a fantastic day!

--Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom