Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo.com - Review This PPC Monetization Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

Sedo is the global marketplace for buying and selling domain names and websites. Our goal is to help website owners find a great name for their new online business. We've assembled the world's largest database of high-quality domain names -- over 3.0 million names! -- and a community of domain professionals from around the world.

Domain Days 2024

ParkQuick.com

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has a wonderful service to help domain owners buy and sell domains. Their parking services are also very good, but landing pages are pretty generic. Stats are great, and their Sedo Pro program has even better stats. They do well with European traffic as well as with American traffic. I have also written a longer review of Sedo that is updated form time-to-time.

(So the review section is beta? No signatures show up and the link at the top of each section is DNForum's affiliate link?)

impactadmin said:
Sedo is the global marketplace for buying and selling domain names and websites. Our goal is to help website owners find a great name for their new online business. We've assembled the world's largest database of high-quality domain names -- over 3.0 million names! -- and a community of domain professionals from around the world.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is a terrible company to deal with. Their click rates have been falling like crazy recently and I have heard from many former members who had their accounts deleted just before they were supposed to be paid because Sedo did not like the quality of the traffic. It might be a good place to try and sell your names, but if you want parking revenue, look elsewhere.

2Cunning

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats exactly what happened to me, i would stay well away with sedo

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is terrible.
The only thing good about it
is finding buyers
transferr proccess
takes days
or weeks to complete
all in all
Is a really bad company and we would be better off without them.

2Cunning

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i mean i had a CTR of 30% or so and without any evidence they kept all money from that month

deerfern

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm that's where I have my names (not knowing any better) Any other suggestions? If not appropriate to show in this thread please pm me. Thanks Carol

hookah

Semi-Netizen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've not found any better place for monetizing country traffic (non: US, UK, DE, etc.) than Sedo. Although €/click is quite low I can still get a decent revenue. Also cant complain as a domain seller. Quite a good time lately.
thanks, hookah

Ps.
When I try to send my rating I get a message:
Could not find phrase 'hehe - you're wierd'.
What's the point ? :)

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i would rate sedo as OK for parking especially on names that you are interested in selling also, what i dont like about them is there links that appear in search engines, sometimes in german and mostly about domain sales instead of parking.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My mother always told me that if you have nothing nice to say then dont say it at all, but I think this time I will make an exception.

SEDO really are a dissapointing company.

wanted

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My mother always told me that if you have nothing nice to say then dont say it at all, but I think this time I will make an exception.

SEDO really are a dissapointing company.
and they say you should always listen to your mom ;)

Adventure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Review of Sedo/SedoPro
http://www.sedo.com

There are now a huge number of domain parking firms, and every domain owner has their favorite. The reasons I like Sedo:

1. A full page of search results, with every parked domain getting a 1-page lander. You don't have to beg for a 1-page lander.

2. A sharp-looking landing page. I use Phoenix Blue with an appropriate photo match.

3. Fantastic ads (with a proper keyword selection), which provide a real service to advertisers and web visitors. I treat the parked pages like websites. Yes, they are all ads, but they are a unique resource. Many advertisers provide products and services to a very narrow market, and could never afford the thousands of dollars needed to place print ads. I never use pop-ups, encouraging visitors to return.

4. The ability to set your own "Related Links". Visitors clicking on a related link are then brought to another FULL page of search results on the more targeted subject. Parking revenue on many of our domains have more than doubled after I set Related Links.

5. The ability to mark the parked pages "For Sale", with a link that brings them directly to the sale page. The Sedo brokerage team is fantastic! Domain industry professionals as well as outside buyers are confident using Sedo's escrow service.

6. The German ownership of Sedo brings international expertise to the business. Their teams in Köln (Germany) and Cambridge (US) are the best in the business, and it is a pleasure working with all of them. The Sedo website and landing pages are in multiple languages, encouraging sales. They are also opening a new office in the UK.

7. Sedo has its name and link on the parked page. In the unlikely event that a web visitor has a problem with an ad appearing on a parked domain, they can be contacted. Their addresses and phone numbers are on the website. They are not anonymous.

8. Direct Deposit of parking revenues and domain sale proceeds. I never even have to go to the bank.

9. Honesty in all business dealings.

---Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom