Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo communication for domain purchases and sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SedoCoUk

To all our valued Sedo customers.

With immediate effect we have updated the communication protocols used for domain purchases and sales. All correspondence related to a transaction will be made directly through the respective Sedo accounts. Emails will only be sent to indicate that there is an update and that the customer should refer to their account for the relevant information.

As well as automated processes, our customers have a dedicated transfer agent to ensure a safe and expeditious transaction for all parties. You will of course still be able to contact your agent directly by phone and email.

Sedo is committed to ensuring the highest possible security and we encourage you to contact us with any issues, by emailing [email protected].

Best,

Tom

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's great news, Tom. It's the second issue that I brought forward and Sedo worked on to resolve.

Now let's work on the privacy issue of offering the Sedo members a toggle switch for their profile details (location, member since, rating, domain listed since).

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow Acro Speaks and Sedo Listens.

Well done.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I call it "tough love" :D

Seriously though, a lot of programming & security disciplines are often bypassed for the purpose of coding ease, speed of project completion or other reasons. However, in the long run what was not designed with security in mind falls apart. I am glad Sedo took care of these two issues thus far.

Adventure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tom & other Sedo staffers, Thanks for your efforts! It must cost a fortune to maintain the Sedo system, and your constant addition of new features is appreciated.

While some of the other parking firms go for the "quick buck" and encourage their customers to do the same --- with arbitrage and junk traffic --- Sedo has always been looking at the long term.

I still think that the Sedo templates look like a million dollars, and it gives me a great deal of pride to see some of the fantastic ads that appear on the domain pages. If only the industry as a whole had your ethics!

I believe in the power of domains, which is why almost every dollar we make is used to make more domain purchases. I don't believe that ICANN's new boutique TLD proposals will have any impact on the domain industry, except to make existing TLDs even more valuable. I don't see the Fortune 500 each running to get a TLD in their corporate name, as customer recognition of their .com brand is already so strong. In addition, the trend is for companies to get separate .com domains for each of their product names (i.e. productName . com). It would be counterproductive for them to expect potential customers to remember both the product name and the parent company, as they would have to use without a recognizable TLD (i.e. www . productName . company).

Thanks again, ---Ed

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ed, you're about 99% off topic :D

Adventure

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed, you're about 99% off topic :D

Unfortunately, you're probably right. One day my ship will come in, and I'll be at the airport!

---Ed

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How will the new transaction process work? Will this speed up the process? Will the seller still have to wait up to a month for buyers payment to be confirmed and transfer instructions sent?

Wow Acro Speaks and Sedo Listens.

Well done.

I wouldn't assume this move by Sedo is a response to Acro's request. lol

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wouldn't assume this move by Sedo is a response to Acro's request. lol

I don't expect any laurels, but the fact is that both times that I went public with Sedo's issues, they rushed to fix them. So I think that the impression is that things are changing - hopefully for the better.

godolphin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is being done about non-paying bidders?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For every sale I make, I have 2 non paying bidders.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be a nice feature to add for contacting the transfer agent also under the
Transaction Data:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
If you have any questions regarding your domain transfer, please visit Customer support.
If you have any further questions, please contact us (which opens to your agents email address)
This way they would have all the pertinant information at hand other than us having to specify domain, account name, etc..probably be more efficent and secure..
BTW I don't get notifications when customer support replies in "my stuff"...kinda just have to keep checking

jim

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see them allow us to post prices above $9999 which they have had for years. Even $25,000 would be a good start.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro Schumacher :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Actually I keep getting emails as before. Nothing seems to have changed!

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they informed me via email to push the domain

i logged in to check - no info updated (domain unpaid)

i just know their account, so i knew it is real

but nothing changed

it is even worse, because i believed they fixed it

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they informed me via email to push the domain

i logged in to check - no info updated (domain unpaid)

i just know their account, so i knew it is real

but nothing changed

it is even worse, because i believed they fixed it

Same thing happen to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I log into my account regardless, but the emails have not changed.

BTW what are you doing up so late Carter? :D Greetings to Rafaella Cara from me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom