Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

sedo dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone here work for sedo? what the heck is up? they've been dead for hours now...

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got fed up with all of the problems and moved everything. Good thing to as I got as much revenue from the new guys in one week than I was getting from Sedo in a month. It pays to shop around.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnSpec said:
I got fed up with all of the problems and moved everything. Good thing to as I got as much revenue from the new guys in one week than I was getting from Sedo in a month. It pays to shop around.

May I ask, where did you move specifically?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo is back online!

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OnSpec said:

Do you mind saying your pre and post revenue? before rushing into a definite decision!

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ya, I'm interested in knowing what is good/bad when parking domains.

I had never tried it before, but just started parking my first domain at
Sedo.com this week. I'm getting a great click-thru rate of 40%, but its only
netting about 0.04 euros / click. But at the 200+ uniques per day, thats
working out to about $4.40 US per day based on the "adultportal" keyword
sedo has assigned the domain.

I was thinking of doing the "poorman's load sharing" (assigning multiple
A records in DNS pointing to different IP's for my domain) so that I can
route some traffic to Sedo, some to Afternic, some to Fabulous, etc...
This way I could compare revenue directly over the same time frame.
Has anyone ever tried this?

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are a newbie in SEDO so before making solid statements order your mouth to shut up and think twice. $0.04 per click is not so bad for keyword such as games adult etc. Also $4.40 per day for a 200+ name is quite good.

TurNIC.com

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TurNIC.com said:
You are a newbie in SEDO so before making solid statements order your mouth to shut up and think twice. $0.04 per click is not so bad for keyword such as games adult etc. Also $4.40 per day for a 200+ name is quite good.

TurNIC.com
Thanks for the info, its good to know that 0.04 isnt bad for adult. Sedo says that the minimum is 0.03 per click and the max is $2.00, so since I was coming in pretty much near the minimum, I really didnt think it was anything to be excited about. But its good to know that thats about what I should expect for adult traffic... as I clearly stated, yes, I'm a newbie.

Now about that "shut up and think twice" statement... Maybe I'm just stupid, but do you care to explain that ?!?! Not sure what I really said to provoke that, especially considering I clearly indicated that I _am_ new to parking/traffic, hence my questions.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I can explain: If you have small to medium traffic names the daily revenue can vary greatly. Don't you think it is so harsh to put a "SEDO is dead" statement before doing some research. By the way you still did not tell me your pre and post traffic, per click ratio, per click revenue and total revenue numbers for your name?

TurNIC.com

mogtnomr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I said sedo was dead because their website was down for a few hours... and I'm not the one who moved my domains to fabulous, so I think that question was meant to be directed at "OnSpec", not me...

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mogtnomr said:
I said sedo was dead because their website was down for a few hours... and I'm not the one who moved my domains to fabulous, so I think that question was meant to be directed at "OnSpec", not me...

Fatigue...

Let's move on. Good luck with your domains.

prempt

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo has been a thorn in the side of many folks. Between slow load times for web pages(Supposedly they will be adding servers "Sometime") to fix that problem. We keep being told that the problems will go away, quite a few folks have moved the bulk of their sites from Sedo to elsewhere until things get better. Might want to read their discussion forums for a little glimpse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom