Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo - Decription sucks for Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All my sites of gone off the radar for google. I notice now a sedo parked page shows up like this is google.

Edmontonbikes.com - edmonton bikes Resources and Information. This ...
English. English · Français · Deutsch · Español · Italiano · Português · Dansk · Nederlands · Ελληνικά · Polski · Ð*усский · Türkçe · Suomi · Norsk · Svenska ...
www.edmontonbikes.com/ - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

It use to show the description. I think that is what google used to rank it now its not showing any content for the results. Anyone know if sedo plans on putting it back or fixing this. It just sucks!

Its used to be something like this.

Edmontonbikes.com - Edmontonbikes.com is your gateway to sites on the Internet for edmonton bikes! Browse our resources or just try the search.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yea, I noticed it two. Absolutely crushing for SEO. That's why we need a new parking company, until than, XXX is the best option.
XXX
== No affiliate Link is allowed ==

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its too bad, such an easy thing for sedo to fix and they make it worst. My earnings have crashed as well as my Search engine placement. If any one can suggest a better place to park please PM me.

parked has what you are looking for - with better payouts to boot.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

Just to clarify a bit in this thread, Sedo hasn't made any changes on our side regarding how your domain's description appears in a generic Google search.

Why and how Google or any other search engine ranks pages is out of Sedo's control, but rather controlled by Google themselves. I hope this clarifies!

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Monica, there is nothing in the Description and Keywords fields, nor the title that would promote the domains in Google based upon their content. There is no way for us to edit them either.

Example of the HTML below, from my domain 360.org with keyword "xbox":

<title>360.org - Xbox Resources and Information. This website is for sale!</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="robots" content="index, follow, all" />
<meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="index, follow, all" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
<meta name="expires" content="NOW" />
<meta name="audience" content="Alle" />
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta name="rating" content="general" />
<meta name="language" content="en" />
<meta http-equiv="Content-language" content="en" />
<link rel="schema.dc" href="http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core_elements" />
<meta name="DC.Language" scheme="NISOZ39.50" content="en" />
<meta name="page-topic" content="" />
<meta name="DC.Subject" content="" />
<link href="http://img.sedoparking.com/templates/phoenix/phoenix_new.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script type='text/javascript' language='JavaScript1.2' src='http://img.sedoparking.com/templates/phoenix/Menu.lib.js'></script>
</head>

From an SEO standpoint, this is the equivalent of shooting one's own foot with a 12" shotgun.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, but in that case SEDO should try to change something on its side.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

I'd just like to reiterate my point once more here and possibly clarify a bit. In compliance with the new standards put forth recently by our upstream advertising provider, Sedo has had to remove the parked domain description field from our parked pages. As these standards are universal among all companies employing Google as their upstream advertising provider, you will notice this same issue with domains parked at other parking providers. I apologize for any losses in earnings you feel you may be enduring, but this change really shouldn't have caused too much of a hit to CTR on your parked pages.

I hope this clarifies. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Monica, on behalf of everyone involved in SEO I must say this is utter rubbish. If Google asked you to remove the description and keyword fields then perhaps Sedo needs to grow some gonads and stand up to Google. Or we will be moving elsewhere en masse.

DDC_Cyn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the changes at Google are causing an issue, maybe it's time to reassess Yahoo! partnered parking companies such as Parked, Traffic Z and DDC.com.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If the changes at Google are causing an issue, maybe it's time to reassess Yahoo! partnered parking companies such as Parked, Traffic Z and DDC.com.

Maybe it's time for Sedo to cut the bullshit and stop blaming other companies for Sedo's own decisions.

There is no way in hell Google asked Sedo to stop seeding the Keywords & Description fields with related content! In fact, Sedo has NEVER populated these fields before!

Here's my post from July 2007

When I made that post the domains parked at Sedo had NO meta tags whatsoever. After my feature request, Sedo added the meta tags and assorted HTML code without EVER populating them or enabling a feature in the portfolio manager that would allow us to add/edit the keywords.

Sedo simply chose not to proceed with this feature. Why, is beyond me. At a time when content is king, Parked.com has been expanding the visibility of our parked domains by the search engines. A domain parked at Sedo has ZERO related content that can be indexed, stored or ranked by Google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom