Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo domain sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franka

Level 5
Reaction score
What will or can sedo do if a buyer does not pay up?
Small amount $60

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ban him lol. But if he's a great customer they'll wait up to 30 days for his pymt, unless you object of course...

There's a limit after which you can instruct the transfer rep to cancel for non-pymt...

Redirect the servers AWAY from Sedo while you wait since they won't present any offers to you in the meantime (if you have the servers directed to them), it also depends if you think $60 (meaning you're left with 10 meager bucks) is still ok with you, if you're havin 2nd thoughts then cancel the sale asa you can

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One Rep told me I needed the name servers intact in his Sedo account (he collected PPC) while it was in my registrar waiting for funds. Its in some thread here about that crazy transaction...

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really ? They're such assholes @ Sedo lol, it should not matter if the seller was earning $ for Sedo during that wait for the funds, or while the auction was going on, or even when the listing on Sedo was being viewed, owners of those domains should be able to direct their names to wherever the fukc they want lmfao....even keep changing that, and at anytime...

I guess I should stop makin that statement since it may not really be the case anymore (where I said that to franka), so ......either you leave the dns pointing to Sedo or what....lol ? they cancel your sale ?.... they just might ...

But it has never happened to me, tho, when I was parking at Sedo. I do not anymore even if they paid me. It may have been your rep's own thing and he was wrong, or the buyer may have wanted the domain parked w/Sedo even before the deal got sealed and he actually had no right to ask for that IMO...

One Rep told me I needed the name servers intact in his Sedo account (he collected PPC) while it was in my registrar waiting for funds. Its in some thread here about that crazy transaction...

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Apparently it would have been a breach on my part if I pointed somewhere else (dunno if it's OK to post transaction conversations between Sedo, much like posting AdSense revenue). I think they side with the buyer or seller (whomever has the most activity bars, he had all 5 as a buyer and I had 2 as a seller... little one always loses).

Franka

Level 5
Reaction score
Thanks all fdor your responses.
Just like to know how far sedo will go to pursue the buyer to pay up ,re ..legal action or forward it to a collections agency ?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IME they can only ban him. But whether they do that or not they will provide you with his info so you can go after him legally (on your own and at your own expense) as the aggrieved party. But that would be a waste of time, don't even think about that for a $60 sale from which you were going to keep ONLY $10, remember that part lol....

So, Sedo itself will not send this to any lawyer or collection agency, but they give you the tools to take it further by yourself

This is something you need to get used to, bro. It's not that bad anyway....you thought you sold a domain, the buyer was a deadbeat who didn't pay, so you didn't really sell it in the end, no big deal, put that behind. And chances are that it will happen again

One time Sedo offered me to list my domain (after my deadbeat buyer failed to pay) in their Featured Listings for free for 30 days (O-C/O) for more visibility. Take it if they offer it, but you still will need a $60 offer to send it to auction....

Thanks all fdor your responses. Just like to know how far sedo will go to pursue the buyer to pay up ,re ..legal action or forward it to a collections agency ?

Last edited:

Franka

Level 5
Reaction score
Thanks again Angel .
Im not sulking but have a reason why I want to know .

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your time with it. Just forget about it and move on.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This happened to me this year at Sedo and they did exactly as angel69 said. I got sick of waiting and told them to cancel the sale. Mine was for a bigger amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom