Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I receive many offers on my domains at Sedo through Godaddy, recently I accepted two offers only to learn that Godaddy allows the buyer 30 days to remit payment. Needless to say, I just canceled one transaction after 20 days with no response from buyer, my other transaction is going on its 10th day, no payment from Godaddy buyer. So let me get this straight, it was a pain in the ass to get buyer's to complete transactions at Sedo before...now we have to deal with all of the deadbeat buyers that come through Godaddy as well? The only difference is that there will be no repercussion to deadbeat buyers at Godaddy since they are not using their own Sedo accounts. The dumb get dumber.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recieve constantly offers from a Godaddy member with lowball offers of $78 and $80 everyday.
Very annoying!
Cant such a person get blocked?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a name to gd buyer, thru sedo

it's just that there are so many lowballers on gd, you'll have to wade thru to find a serious one.

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
United states 2011. Buyer status all yellow. Worst annoying lowballer ever

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't bother list names for sale with GD and stopped selling on TDNAM at least 4 or so years ago. Tremendous amount of non-paying buyers even on their own platform (TDNAM) let alone sharing those same deadbeats on other venues.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. low ball offers (<100$) - continuous month on month!
2. too long turn around time - took a month to receive MY money!
3. commission - high commission by sedo on offers coming via their partners
4. conversion rate (%) to sale - acceptable!

due to point 4, i tend to overlook the other 3 points ..

when i see you all experienced people and time you all devote in this industry, i might have got bugged up by 1,2 and 3 as it kills time and effort!

ImageAuthors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are lots of problems with the Sedo / GoDaddy partnership. For one thing, both platforms alone allow buyer and seller to communicate. But once combined, the only response possible is a numerical counteroffer. That's a clear illustration of how the partner system is worse than having 2 independent marketplaces.

Of course, the GoDaddy offers tend to be lower as well. So I typically ignore them. Let the buyers approach me through Sedo directly or through DomainNameSales (where I park) or through email. I see no reason whatsoever to reply to the GoDaddy offers anymore now that I can't even communicate with the buyer. Many of my GoDaddy sales in the past depended on comments going back and forth during the negotiations. So some of these GoDaddy / Sedo offers would have resulted in sales through GoDaddy prior to the Sedo partnership. In my case, GoDaddy has simply lost business, since all the serious buyers have circumvented GoDaddy and found me on their own some other way.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great observation by Rico. And as remarked by Theo, that's actually some standard bot profile you get in your Sedo account for any offers started on Go Daddy. United States / December 2011 / Five Yellow Bars (Top Buyer Rating) I can't tell if Rico was being sarcastic when he wrote 'worst annoying lowballer ever' lol (that he knows all offers from GD show that exact same info) or if he actually thought that in his case it's the same guy sending lowballs from GD. At first I really thought it was the same guy but then it became obvious it's a bot response Sedo had set up since they don't have access to the guy's actual GD account info (I assume they don't) As for why they picked that December 2011 arbitrary date, that's when GD and Sedo struck that deal of delivering offers to your Sedo account for Sedo listings showing on GD that are then handled by Sedo for negotiations

Although lately Sedo has sometimes been showing China or India instead of USA but only a few times, and nothing else changes (member since Dec 2011, top buyer rating) so this can't possibly be any more accurate. Notice that next time you get one of those offers. I doubt GD would share with Sedo the country the buyer is in but nothing else, it would not make any sense, so it's just 'diversifying' so to speak by Sedo for those automated responses

Their not permitting messaging between the parties or being able to send the domain to auction on Sedo lowers the probability of closing even if you're a desperate seller and don't mind lowballs. And you have to take into account their 20%/$50 minimum commission (whichever is greater), so if the first two restrictions didn't kill your deal then this stupid fee will. Many domainers don't realize that when you give Sedo a listing for sale (whether you park with Sedo or not) you're automatically allowing Sedo to show those listings on their cross platform with Go Daddy UNLESS GO DADDY ALREADY HAS THOSE LISTINGS, then Sedo cannot show them for sale on top of the original ones

United states 2011. Buyer status all yellow. Worst annoying lowballer ever

Last edited:

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really thought it was a member, trying to drive you crazy. Hoping you would hit "sell domain" and got a name for peaunuts.
The bot actually knows on what name he bids, all names are worth alot more then $78/80.
Maybe this is the intension of the bot, well i will ignore it and wont counter anymore :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really thought it was a member, trying to drive you crazy. Hoping you would hit "sell domain" and got a name for peaunuts.
The bot actually knows on what name he bids, all names are worth alot more then $78/80.
Maybe this is the intension of the bot, well i will ignore it and wont counter anymore :)

Rico

you have to take into account, how much "newbies" LOVE godaddy and their $2 coupons, along with the Danica Patrick association made them worship this registrar.

if you include the tdnam auctions and other crap they use to draw more newbs, then understand those same folks are bidding on our names at sedo.

and... unless you continue to respond with the price you want to sell for, then they will never "get it"

fight the power

imo...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me guess - when an offer is made and you accept it the system takes your domain off of the market, too?

Yes, domains are removed immediately after you accept the offer, I'm required to email my rep to have the domain name re-added after cancellation.

I recieve constantly offers from a Godaddy member with lowball offers of $78 and $80 everyday.
Very annoying!
Cant such a person get blocked?

Rico, to my knowledge they only use a single account for ALL Godaddy offers. I'd be interesting to see how many canceled transactions this account is responsible for.

This is the generic GoDaddy "account" on Sedo. It does not correspond to a real buyer ;)

I took all of my domains off Sedo in October.

Hey Theo, long time no talk! ;)

Rico

you have to take into account, how much "newbies" LOVE godaddy and their $2 coupons, along with the Danica Patrick association made them worship this registrar.

if you include the tdnam auctions and other crap they use to draw more newbs, then understand those same folks are bidding on our names at sedo.

and... unless you continue to respond with the price you want to sell for, then they will never "get it"

fight the power

imo...

That's exactly the problem, Godaddy is the "WalMart" of domain names, every newbie uses them. I have bumped up all of my minimum offers, Godaddy will not allow an offer under your minimum set price.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's exactly the problem, Godaddy is the "WalMart" of domain names, every newbie uses them. I have bumped up all of my minimum offers, Godaddy will not allow an offer under your minimum set price.

lol, that's a good analogy comparing gd to walmart

don't know how this negotiation will end but

I got offer on a 3 word .com from gd at sedo yesterday for $60

the domain already had a price ($,$$$) listed

I countered with that price to their offer

today, they doubled their offer.

I've yet to respond, but at least for now, it's a step in right direction

imo...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The negotiations aren't the problem for me, it's getting the buyer to actually pay for the domain. One rep told me they allow 6 days and another rep told me they allow 30 days

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The negotiations aren't the problem for me, it's getting the buyer to actually pay for the domain. One rep told me they allow 6 days and another rep told me they allow 30 days

yeah, it ain't really sold, until you get paid.

:)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo MLS = Multiple Lowball Service :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just say NO. If you use Sedo, you have the option of totally ignoring their link to GoDaddy prompt when you are adding domains to Sedo. From what I have seen, heard, and read (including this forum), there is NO advantage of linking your Sedo/GoDaddy names.

Lowballing gets annoying so why add to that misery. Trust me, people will low ball no matter where it is listed. If you are sticking with Sedo, simply place a minimum offer on your Sedo names and ignore that GD prompt. You will at least get offers that have a little more punch to it.

Also, don't discount and ignore Afternic. I have had at least three sales there this year (2 within the last three months) each for multiple thousands with prompt settlement and payment on each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom