Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo escrow help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a buyer for one my names. The name isn't parked at Sedo but listed for sale there. If I will ask this person just to place a bid via Sedo I would pay 15% Sedo comissions. Right?
Could I use Sedo escrow (I heard it's 3%) in this situation? If yes, what should I do?
It's a mid x,xxx transaction.

Thanks, Nick

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Use Escrow.com

Thanks for the fast reply, but I'm from Europe and I guess Escrow.com don't use payments via PayPal to sellers (maybe only to sellers from US).

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see. I saw it but never used. 2% is a good fee. Thanks one more time.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well... I always make wire suggestions to potential buyers. One thing I did was own my name (first and last) on twitter and Facebook and LinkedIN etc for transparency and zero Privacy whois on domain assets. That has helped me a ton in closing deals in mid and up ranges with "wire only"; being "open" and transparent may save 15%. It's a $35 or < wire fee and both are satisfied with the speed of the transaction and I always include my personal cell phone. It's an option to explore.

Just my 2 cents

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Acro and for your info, BostonDomainer.
Yes agree transparency is very important. In my selling expierience I'm usually transfering domain to a buyer (if it's not a domainer) and receiving payment after that.
But in current situation I totally don't know who is potential buyer and can't find any info about him, any. So I want to use escrow.

Guys, but does anyone from you used Sedo escrow? :)

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally only use Escrow.com for outside sales and have never had an issue. (Side Note: I NEVER transfer domain first then wait for payment. In my opinion- the domain is always the higher asset. Way too much risk to do it that way.)

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally only use Escrow.com for outside sales and have never had an issue. (Side Note: I NEVER transfer domain first then wait for payment. In my opinion- the domain is always the higher asset. Way too much risk to do it that way.)

Thanks! Yes agree I also think that domain is always the higher asset, but usually I'm looking for endusers by myself, so my endusers are feeling better when I'm pushing/transfering the name first. Different situation if someone is finding me first to buy a name - in this situation I'm totally not protected, cause it may be scammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom