Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo - Fake buyer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bc0001

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I though the primary reason for using a legitimate auction house, was to conduct business safely with verified buyers/sellers.
Recently had a name listed with Sedo. Received bid, countered, received second bid - so I threw it to auction. All over the course of 3-4 days. Notified today the buyer account was created with fake/stolen information.
This seriously hurts the credibility of Sedo - and may even have legal ramifications.

Anyone else had this experience with auction sites?

Any more reliable than others... I have 100+ names I would like to be auctioning.

eamD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One year ago a Sedo member made an offer for one of my domains, I decided to send the domain to an auction, the guy won the auction
but never paid, Lately they added the "Sedo’s Member Certification" to prevent this situations but according to what you wrote in your post
it does not seem to work. Did they transfer your domain?

S

SedoCoUk

I though the primary reason for using a legitimate auction house, was to conduct business safely with verified buyers/sellers.
Recently had a name listed with Sedo. Received bid, countered, received second bid - so I threw it to auction. All over the course of 3-4 days. Notified today the buyer account was created with fake/stolen information.
This seriously hurts the credibility of Sedo - and may even have legal ramifications.

Anyone else had this experience with auction sites?

Any more reliable than others... I have 100+ names I would like to be auctioning.

Hello bc0001 - PM sent.

Lisa

semanpans

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Came across this thread on a google search. I keep running into a problem with buyers on Sedo too. We're getting the same buyer(same "buyer information'). That was submitting bids and when we countered would never proceed further. So we accepted his first offer on the next domain and now its been a month and Sedo cant get a response from them.

I wonder what the motivation would be for someone to do this. Pump up values of similar domains?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that buyer's lose interest after the 7 day auction, probably only around 50% of them actually pay once the auction has ended.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you have had negative experiences with Sedo's auctions and transfer service. If there are specific concerns regarding a domain auction, you may send me a PM or email [email protected].

Carolyn

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found that non-paying bidders are the biggest problem on Sedo....and to be clear...I have never once sent a domain to auction that I was selling. I am tired of the time waster it is with the non paying bidder. I also never get confirmation from sedo that the deadbeat bidder has been banned from sedo.

What sedo should do is post a public service announcement on this forum with full contact info of the deadbeat....to get it indexed quickly in google.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find that buyer's lose interest after the 7 day auction, probably only around 50% of them actually pay once the auction has ended.

Very true. If you have received an offer that is unlikely to be outbid, then be careful sending the name to auction. As Justin says, the buyer can lose interest if he has to wait 7 days. Also, if it's an end-user or someone who's not an active domainer, they care less if their Sedo account is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom