Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sedo Featured Listing Rip Off ... More than one Sedo homepage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I typically don't post emails publicly, but being this is the Sedo support forum, and further because there appears a severe lack of communication within Sedo; lack of training of customer service reps too, in my view, given my complaint was basically totally ignored - no offer of making good on what I was promised nor offer of a refund.

In a nutshell, Sedo advertises a featured listing service of domains on their "homepage" ... now it appears Sedo is claiming they have different homepages ... yet, the service advertised doesn't differentiate between various "homepages" ... see the screen capture below ... note they are exactly identical for both sedo.com and sedo.co.uk

http://www.wyomissing.com/bennett/sedo-com-false-advertising1.jpg

Hello and thank you for your enquiry.

If you purchase your featured listing on the US Sedo site (Sedo.com) it will only appear on the US site. Likewise features purchased on the UK, German and other European Sedo sites.

I understand your concerns here. However, space constraints have forced us to specify a feature to a regional site. As many people who purchased their features found them moving down the showcase list too fast. There may be some legacy listings that are still cross listed. However, this is being phased out over time.

If you have any other questions please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,

Jay Finnan
Key Account Manager

Guess we'll soon see how much $117 USD will cost Sedo ... I don't take being ripped off kindly ... I expect satisfaction, as I'm sure others that purchased "featured listings".

Ron Bennett

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I purchase featured listing for a .us name at Sedo.com but it moved to Sedo.us the next day.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello from Sedo,

All our customer service representatives receive adequate training in all aspects of Sedo's services.
The CS representative can only underline what was already specified before a featured domain listing was purchased.
We do indeed advertise that the showcase will appear on our homepage - ie. singular homepage.
There is no mention of multiple listings on different country-specific homepages.

Please note that the conditions of the featured listing are outlined in detail:

"Domains will be Featured on the Sedo country site where they were ordered, unless otherwise requested"

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So Sedo is several different sites even though it appears to the consumer not to be ...

I don't need this nonsense!

I've deleted all my domains on Sedo, and am now telling others to avoid Sedo - and a few other folks will based on my experience ... that alone will cost Sedo a lot more than $117 USD.

It's certainly been a learning experience for me ... on the bright side I'm glad I never did any transactions through Sedo ... I'd hate to spend thousands in commissions with Sedo; done many 5 and 6 figure deals ... oh well, that's Sedo's loss ... all over $117 USD; a simple relisting or refund could have cleared all of this up.

Ron Bennett

p.s. smart businesses strive to keep customers happy ... good will is very important - especially for on-line business where many other competitors exist.

Addendum:

Deleted all domains, except one. I can't seem to be able to delete drugscreening.com - says there is an open negotiation for it and forced me to enter a price ... I doubt the person will offer 2,147,483,647 EUR for it being they only offered 100 before ... please delete the entry (no one is going to offer 2+ billion Euro for it except maybe Bill Gates [he's consumed cannabis according some biographies I've read, so he might see some use for that domain, but I digress]), and then delete my Sedo account ron1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom