Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo Featured Listing - Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it worth spending U$39 for Featured Listing?

Hows your experience with it?

"Our statistics shows that Featured Domains are over five times more likely to sell than standard listings. Give your domains the maximum possible exposure on the Internet's leading domain marketplace for only a $39 up-front investment. "

Is this true?

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say it's not worth it,save your money.I don't think too many people go window shopping for domains,meaning most domain buyers have something very specific they are looking for.If they want your domain,they'll probably come to you.
It's very unlikely a random person will be browsing the Sedo front page without intention of buying a domain,and then buy a name on impulse just because it's in front of them in the Featured Section.
Another thing to consider is your name would only appear on the front page for a few days,for the rest of the 27 days your name will be in the "See More" link of the Featured Names.
If your name is excellent,drop Sedo a quick note asking for consideration to be placed in thier "Top Domains" section.I sent them a premium name of mine,and they listed it in Spanish top names.And it sold.Good luck with it.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably not worth it, even if the statement Sedo makes IS true.

After all, their statement is in effect talking about averages. Since the quality of Featured Listing domains is much higher on average than that of the standard listings (even though the value of some FL domains can be debated, most people won't hand over $39 to promote absolute junk) it's highly likely they are going to, on average, sell better.

But this effect could easily be 100% down to the relative quality of a FL and not to the FL itself. In other words, the types of domains getting regular typein traffic and walk-in offers are just the right stuff to appear in FL, but they'll also be selling better than average anyway.

Where FL might work is if you're seeking to "dump" a really great domain at a truly knock-down price and want to get something moving quickly...

ProPlay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
good to know that name strand!

I paid for my top domain to appear there lets wait and see if there are any results..

jheslop1

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ProPlay said:
good to know that name strand!

I paid for my top domain to appear there lets wait and see if there are any results..
Please let us know how it goes!

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I listed some and got small offers, i think sedos visitors are mainly resellers. I think a lot of the bigger sales are from people following the parking/forsale links(endusers)I think a truly generic might do good especially the kind that dont get traffic naturally, but with add dollars have a big pontenial something like the word outstanding or fabulous etc
imho

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I have sold 90% of my domains within 10 days of the featured listing. I have to say it is worth it in my experience.

------------------------------------

that is a very impressive record. can you give us an example or two of your sales so we can learn what is working with reference to featured listings. thanks.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mark said:
------------------------------------

that is a very impressive record. can you give us an example or two of your sales so we can learn what is working with reference to featured listings. thanks.

You know better than that.. once a domain is sold, you shouldn't post its info without the owners consent.

I list many domains each month, and the SEDO views sky rocket.. sometimes people just remember seeing it there, and then come back to it a few weeks later.. Ok I have not had Massive Record sales but I make back 5 times what I spend and too me that is a great markup.

dont take my word for it.. give it a try.. with one domain. Price it realistically.. hey if you double your money.. you are laughing. Stick the original outlay away and use the profit to promote more domains..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom