Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SEDO featured listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better off getting a catagory listing, plus you can order more for the same amount as a full featured listing!

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying a Sedo Featured listing tonight. I guess it will show up tomorrow.

I think the day of the week you first feature the name has an impact on how long you are on the home page. I heard you should avoid listing on Friday or over the weekend, as these all get listed on Monday morning and you can be pushed off the front page immediately.

lilian said:
I feel very disappointed with the SEDO featured listing.
Only 2 days in the front page, and dissapeared.

Canoodle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I listed two VERY good names on the featured list (including FootballForum.com)...and never got a nibble. I was dissapointed, to say the least, but I will try once more sometime down the road. If nothing better happens then I'll say it's a waste of money.

But my overall feeling about Sedo is good.
Cheers

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My name, Neighbors.com just went up there this morning, so I'll let you know. I've had the name up about 2 months, with nothing but $100 and $60 offers, so we'll see if this changes anything.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed I'm already 1/2 way down the list after just a couple of hours... does this mean it will roll off the list today? That's not what I paid $39 for :(

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also finally showed up- but half way down the list!

It seems like Sedo posted a batch of new Featured listings. Maybe they should enter new featured listings one at a time at a certain interval so everyone gets at least some time on the home page.

Nismo

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
worldengine said:
I also finally showed up- but half way down the list!

It seems like Sedo posted a batch of new Featured listings. Maybe they should enter new featured listings one at a time at a certain interval so everyone gets at least some time on the home page.

Best way would be to have all the featured names automatically scroll everytime the homepage takes a hit. That way all the featured names get equal exposure for the full term.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not even 11AM on day 1, and I'm already getting pushed down the page.... #9 out of 14! If I'm not on the page for at least a day, I'll consider myself ripped off. The "Featured Listing" promotion clearly shows that your listing will be on the FRONT PAGE.

As of 10:49 AM July 8, here is the featured list:

bigmd.com Make Offer
lowtravel.com Make Offer
bman1.com Make Offer
webstreet.info 9,999 £
meltyourfat.com Make Offer
datahelp.com 9,500 $US
pokerfan.com Make Offer
wapmail.com Make Offer
neighbors.com Make Offer
sainted.com 900 EUR
claimstoday.com 3,000 EUR
allcalls.com 8,000 EUR
linuxforsale.com Make Offer

worldengine

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even better idea.

They seem to rotate their "Top Domains" periodically so it is strange that they wouldn't rotate the featured ones as well. Hopefully Sedo is reading this thread..

:-D

Nismo said:
Best way would be to have all the featured names automatically scroll everytime the homepage takes a hit. That way all the featured names get equal exposure for the full term.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
worldengine said:
Even better idea.

They seem to rotate their "Top Domains" periodically so it is strange that they wouldn't rotate the featured ones as well. Hopefully Sedo is reading this thread..

:-D

Yes. I really hope they start rotating their Featured Domains. I bought 2 this week. 1 managed to stay on the Front page for an entire day. The other was only on the Front page for 4 hours! I was so disappointed.

Sedo - Please rotate your Featured Domains!
Just a random rotation script so everytime you refresh the page the list rotates would be perfect.

Thanks.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I was afraid, I woke up this morning and my $39 "1 month featured" listing is no longer "featured". It appears it was "featured" for a grand total of about 12 hours, so it's $3/hour, most of which was in the middle of the night for Europe, Sedo's main userbase. Got a grand total of ~1~ offer, at less than 1% of my asking price.

I would have to say at this point the "featured" listing is NOT worth anything close to $39, and the description of the offer is VERY misleading. It should clearly state that your name will be featured for 12 HOURS, in the middle of the night!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

Just some info on Featured Listings:
Please note that the domain is only on the front page list until it is replaced by newer entries.
The domains are rotated.
Please do not underestimate the significance of a featured listing on a secondary page - many prospective buyers only browse the featured listings and your domain gets priority in our search facility and also in the Most Wanted list.

The rotational basis of the Featured Domains is outlined on the ordering page.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Sedo. I think we all understand how the process works.

The problem is that some Domains spend a longer time on the Front Page than others. I have seen Domains on the Front Page for 4 Days! However, I've had a domain spend less than 4 hours on the Front page. Sure there is traffic on the Secondary page but that does not compare to a listing on the Front page.

If this issue is not addressed soon then I will not buy a Featured listing again and I'm sure there are several others that feel the same way.

We are all spendng the same $39. I think we all need the same vaule out of that $39.

Thanks for your time.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
KwelX said:
We are all spendng the same $39. I think we all need the same vaule out of that $39.

EXACTLY!

Nora - please explain why my name STARTED 1/2 way down the list, worked it's way down from there, and was completely OFF the front page after about 12 hours. That's NOT what I agreed to when I payed $39, and the results were no serious offers on a 1-word generic .com domain name.

NO ONE should sign up for this unless the system is changed.

sellinbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got two free featured credits because I went through the process of wiring them $7,500 and then the seller never transferred the domain (actually I believe it was stolen, so I was better off not getting it). I selected two names which had obvious reseller value and a nice end user market (1 three letter .net all good letters and aniston.com). Never got a single offer the entire 30 days. I saw them on the front page for a very short while after that I then had to scan a huge list to even find them.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, I just looked at the category for my $39 "featured" listing, and my listing is NOT there! Another name *is* features. I went to verify that my domain was categorized properly, but apparently there is no way to do that at Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom